Disneyland Treats you Have to Make During Quarantine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Disneyland, also known as, the happiest place on Earth, has been shut down due to the Corona Virus. With this closure being the longest closure of any Disney park in history, officials at the park began to worry about their name being drowned out and forgotten. It wasn’t until about a month after the stay-at-home order when the Walt Disney Company deiced to bestow its gift of recipes for stuffing your face with traditionally overpriced treats. Disneyland is the home of magic and incredibly delicious treats with “park prices”. I have to say, Disneyland is my favorite place on Earth, I have been quite a few times, both as a kid and an adult. Every time I go, I am never disappointed with my experience. But for some reason, every time I go, I end up feeling hungry about every ten steps. Luckily, the park always seems to have a cart or shop with treats and goodies just right around the corner. And if this tactic doesn’t work, then pumping the smells of the treats into the air is their backup plan. I swear I can envision the smells of the treats just while writing this article. Now we don’t have to just think about the smells and the deliciousness, we can make the real food, at half the price, and a fraction of the waiting. Since we are all stuck at home, why not give some of these recipes a try? Trust me, I have so much time to kill being at home, and I’m finally at that point where I actually miss living in my dorm with a communal bathroom. So, to take my mind off all the responsibilities I have at home, I will be trying several of these. Here is a list of links to all my favorite recipes so far.

The Lalasmiling Girl In Mickey Mouse Ears
Her Campus Media

1. Dole Whip 

2. Churro Tots 

3. Mickey Mouse Waffles 

4. Hand-Dipped Ice Cream Bars 

5. Classic Hand-Dipped Corn Dogs 

6. Mickey Mouse Beignets 

7. Grey Stuff (It’s Delicious) 

8. Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana French Toast 

9. Cozy Cone Mac and Cheese 

10. Mini Blueberry Funnel Cake 

Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle amid a nighttime fireworks show
Pixabay

So, there you go, that was 10 classic Disney Park treats to enjoy from the safety of your own home. Being stuck at home is no fun, and honestly, at times it sucks. But finding new ways to stay entertained and busy, have really made me think outside the box. Being stuck at home with a family of bakers is great for gaining weight, but also for testing out fun and classic recipes. My family and I love Disneyland, so having access to all these new recipes has been a great way for us to all be in the kitchen together trying to recreate this memory-filled treats. Trust me after quarantine, I will need to buy a new wardrobe for my new debut on My 600 Pound Life. Anyway, I hope you find these recipes to be fun and tasteful. And if you do end up loving them, show us a picture of your recreation on our social media! Stay safe ladies.  

First-year at CWU, originally from Woodland, Washington. Majoring in political science, Evelyn enjoys reading the newspaper and drinking coffee.