yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Disneyland Has Changed Things Up!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

So I recently took a family trip to Disneyland in Anaheim, CA. Not only was it everything I dreamed it would be, but there was so many new things compared to the last time I was at Disneyland or California Adventure Park. My family went during Halloween time, so we were lucky enough to experience all of the Halloween spooky fun! There are quite a few news things going on at both parks, from the new Cars Land, the upgrade to the original “Soaring Over California” and the soon to be Star Wars Land! Check out three of the many rides who had improvements over the years!

The California Screaming, now the “Incredicoaster”

Not only did the actual coaster get a new flashy red color, but so did the tubes! Not only did this coaster get a new theme, but it is a completely different experience now! ​Follow The Parr family chase their wild son Jack Jack across the tracks and see some crazy super powers along the way. I was a die hard fan of the California Screaming, but I gotta say this ride is INCREDIBLE. 

Hollywood Tower Hotel, now “Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!”

Okay, I was extremely disappointed when I heard that they revamped the iconic “Hollywood Tower Hotel.” You guys, I actually said I would never go on the new Guardians of the Galaxy ride in protest, but lets be real I had to give it a shot and I AM SO GLAD I DID!

Not only is this ride SICK but its super interactive and exciting the entire time! For those of you who went on the original, you know how amazingly creepy the ride was. Whether you were walking though the Queue, or watching the “Twilight Zone” movie in a cramped room, you were a little scared the whole ride. I was really worried that they would miss the mark, but I was so surprised by how well they redid this ride. I don’t want to ruin too much of the fun, but just take my advice and ride it! (Fastpass was the way to go, I highly recommend to avoid 60 minutes wait times)

Haunted Mansion, temporarily known as “Haunted Mansion Holiday”

Please please promise me, that if you are ever in Disneyland while they are “Halloween Themed” you have to go on the Haunted Mansion Holiday! It is all “The Nightmare Before Christmas” themed, and if you love Jack and Sally as much as I do they you will die when you see this ride. I am a huge fan of the original and I really enjoyed this fun festive version! I would say its a little spookier, but just spooky enough to get you into the Halloween spirit!