This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

For those lucky enough to live in the Pacific North West, you know (and if you don’t you’re about to learn) about the unending beauty it holds. It’s easy to appreciate all that it offers during any season, but before its all under a blanket of snow. The countless hidden hikes you can enjoy year round, the beautifully decorated towns during the Holiday seasons, or some of our amazing cites and cities throughout WA known for something special. It’s impossible to run out of places to go and things to see while visiting the PNW, or even while living here!

Franklin Falls

Franklin Falls is the best for those of you who love the outdoors but aren’t exactly looking to complete a 10 mile hike for a lunch with a view. Located in the Snoqualmie Pass and only about a 2 mile round trip, this easy hike is not only gorgeous, but definitely one of the more “low-key” hikes of the area.

Priest Point Park

Priest Point Park is one of Olympia’s hidden treasures. Here you can find cliffs, streams and beautiful walkways where you can check out all it has to offer. It’s the perfect place to have a peaceful picnic, explore the outdoors and to just take in the beauty around you.

Stadium High School

Ever heard of the movie 10 Things I Hate About You? Thought so! So many people (even some from Washington) didn’t know this movie was filmed in the heart of Tacoma, at Stadium High School, and most don’t know how beautiful this high school really is! Originally intended to be a hotel, but later turned into an gorgeous high school with an even more gorgeous view and one of many cenametic landmarks of Washington.

Little Mountain Lookout/Tulip Festival

The Tulip Festival of Mount Vernon is definitely at the top of the list for beautiful “to-visit” spots amongst the state of WA, but what most don’t know about is a different way to view it all. Little Mountain Lookout, located right near the Tulip Festival in Little Mountain Park, brings an absolutely unbeatable view of the Tulip Festival. And hey, you can’t beat a free (and AMAZING) view of the festival!

Vance Creek Bridge

I’ll break the bad news first… Unfortunately, Vance Creek Bridge’s access has been rumored to have been closed down due to being located on private property and the potential risk it posed for those who wanted to go check it out (cause who wouldn’t!). It stands about 345 feet above Vance Creek and is the second highest railroad arch ever built in the U.S. The Vance Creek Bridge undoubtedly captures the beauty that the Pacific North West has to offer. Located in Mason County, those with the love of the outdoors (and the love for some thrill) are never disappointed after taking on Vance Creek Bridge.

The Sandbar

For those who vacation close to Crescent Bar, most have visited the Sandbar. For those of you who haven’t hit CB for a little vacay, the Sandbar isn’t as well known. Locally, the Sandbar is known as the “go-to” spot when the Washington starts to warm up. Tons of boats, wake boarders, jetskiers and party people get together on the Sandbar with music, drinks, and food and spend the day feeling like they’re somewhere a little warmer!

Eatonville Falls

Last but not least, we have Eatonville Falls. These 3 gorgeous falls are located in Little Mashel River in the Pack Forrest of Eatonville. This hike is perfect year round and is sure to never fail expectations! While the summer brings out the locals for the popular swimming holes and scenery, not many people outside of the area know of these falls. Beautiful during every season, and you can’t beat a local spot!

I am currently a Junior attending Central Washington University and majoring in Marketing with a minor in Sports Business!
President at Her Campus CWU Senior, Public Relations Major at Central Washington University!