5 Things To Do in Ellensburg This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

As the Fall months are approaching here in the ‘Burg, you may be thinking there is nothing to do, but I am here to enlighten you! Ellensburg may be a small town, but there are so many cute Fall oppurtunities that await. Whether you want to spend time with your significant other or just have a date day with your group of gal pals, there are plenty of fun, festive activities.

1. Visit the Pumpkin Patch

If you are wiling to go out and explore Ellensburg a bit more than usual, you are bound to find a pumpkin patch! Huffman Farms, which is only 6 miles from campus, is super cute with lots of activities. Whether you want to find an adorable pumpkin, navigate your way through a corn maze, pet farm animals or just drink warm coffee while taking the perfect IG photo, Huffman Farms is the perfect place this Fall!

Check it out for yourself! http://www.huffmanfarms.com/index.html

2. Haunting Ellensburg

Otherwise known as “Hellburg Village” the Kittitas County fairgrounds turn into a haunted house every weekend in the month of October! Since the fairgrounds are conveniently located to campus, grab your best girl friend or a new Fall boo and go out and get scared! This is a super fun and affordable activity since it’s only $10! An insiders tip… If you visit the Kittitas County Historical Museum or the Central Party & Costume store, you can get FREE $2 off coupons for general admission tickets.

3. Support Your CWU Sports Teams!

If you’re looking for a free and fun experience in town, go support our Central Washington University sports teams! All month long there are a variety of sporting events which include Women’s Volleyball, Women’s Soccer, Women’s Rugby and at the end of the month, Women’s and Men’s pre-season basketball! Our football team still has games, they just happen to be away games so grab a group of friends, get some treats and live stream the game! Go Cats!

4. Local Drinks and Treats

Nothing says “Fall” more than a warm coffee and a yummy treat. Lucky for you there are some great places here in our tiny town! Of course we all know about Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte, but did you know D&M Coffee has their version called a Pumpkin Pie Latte? It is to die for! Take your homework or just snatch a good book and go spend the day drinking coffee and eating something tasty at one of our local coffee shops!

5. Scary Movie Marathon

For those of us who would rather stay in and cuddle up, a scary movie marathon is such an easy and fun activity to set up! Put together a girl’s night, tell everyone to bring a snack to share and to wear their cutest PJ’s! This is the perfect time to relax with your girlfriends and get in the spooky spirit. If you’re not too interested in being scared, my suggestion to you would be to go on Netflix, and find a low rated scary movie; chances are that the movie will be hokey and funny rather than super spooky, but still such a fun girl’s night!

President at Her Campus CWU Senior, Public Relations Major at Central Washington University!