5 Spring Fashion Must Haves Living In The Burg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

It is finally that time of the year when the temperature starts to rise and we actually start to see the sunshine! Not wanting to go to class comes with the nicer weather, but we know we still need to go and finish the year out strong. Having a cute outfit can help motivate you to go to class instead of wearing yoga pants and the T-shirt from the night before (Don’t lie, we all know we have done this at some point). Here are 5 Fashion must-haves that will help you look cute on campus but will still allow you to push snooze at least once in the morning.

1. Show some shoulder

Off the shoulder tops are super easy to throw on and have a put together outfit with little thought! You are able to wear them so many ways, pair with distressed jeans and sneakers or leggings and your favorite bootie. The options are endless even if the time you have to get ready before class isn’t!

2. Add a pop of color

I don’t know about you, but during the winter I find myself always wearing black and dark bland colors.  Spring is the perfect time to add some color back into your closet! Of course, florals and pastels are always the go to in spring time, but also make sure to check out that year’s seasonal colors. Spring 2017 is all about the pastel purples and mint greens!

3. Don’t let the wind ruin your outfit

When Spring Quarter rolls around in Ellensburg no one is a stranger with the wind and there is no real escape, so might as well use it to your advantage. Topping off a look with a trendy windbreaker (because the 90’s are coming back you know) to your outfit can help elevate your style and help block you from that cold breeze.  Why hide your killer outfit when you can just layer on the looks?

4. Cap it off

Every Wildcat knows that there is no such thing as a good hair day spring quarter (the wind never gives us a break!). To help avoid the UNWANTED windblown look and to add a little sass to any outfit wear a baseball hat! This might sound simple and kind of obvious, but that’s because it is! Everyone should have at least one good baseball hat in their closet, even if it is just for emergencies. It is super easy to find super cute ones with saying or emoji’s on them so find one that fits your personality!

5. Dresses in the Burg? Yeah right

Again with the wind, dresses and skirts and be a real hassle, but in the spring everyone wants to break them out again.  If you aren’t into fighting to keep your dress down with every gust, try switching to a cute jumpsuit or romper! Not only are they crazy comfortable but, you get the same look as a dress but without all of the extra effort and worries!  

Now that the weather is nice and sunny put away the oversized hoodies and bring out your true, radiant style! If you have a favorite spring trend you love to rock make sure and let us know in the comments!!

Her Campus CWU President, Editor-in-chief, and Writer Senior at Central Washington University Major: Social Services Minor: Communications