4 Hacks For Thanksgiving Leftovers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Thanksgiving is the day where we cook as much food as we can fit on our table, stuff our faces, rest for 20 minutes and then eat some more. Well Her Campus CWU wanted to to extend the holiday feast for a couple days longer! We have come up with a list of some of the best Thanksgiving leftover ideas on the internet and we hope you like our choices.

1. Thanksgiving Egg Rolls

This could quite possibly be the best idea we have ever seen, you just add any of your favorite left overs into an eggroll wrapper and voila! You have some delicious egg rolls to share with whoever is still craving thanksgiving food.

Online Recipe: cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cooked turkey, serve with gravy as dipping sauce

2. Turkey Sliders

I mean who doesn’t love a good slider am I right? Not only does this allow you to add and take away anything you like, but they’re super easy to make! Just add some of your favorite things and either eat it cold, or put a couple of them into the oven or microwave to warm them up.

Online Recipe: rolls, turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, gravy

3. Turkey Pot Pie

Pot pies are some of the most comforting meals ever, well now imagine all of your favorite left overs in a pot pie. Amazing. This recipe requires some extra shopping unless you have some left over puff pastry from all of those pies…

Online Recipe: turkey, left over veggies, puff pastry, broth

4. Grilled Cheese

We all love a good grilled cheese, but this recipe is one for the books. Add leftover turkey, brie, (or whatever cheese you have leftover) and this recipe calls for some apple butter on either side of the sandwich. Add some arugula and there you go!

Online Recipe: any type of bread, turkey, brie, apple butter, arugula

So next time you are shuffling through your fridge trying to come up with some leftovers to eat, try out one of these options and let us know what you think in the comment box below!