Style > Beauty

4 Beauty Products Every Girl Needs to Know About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Finding a skincare and haircare routine that works best for you can be exhausting not to mention confusing and expensive. With thousands of different advertisements, hyped products, and trends, it’s easy to get lost in what you need vs what everyone else is using. I am not a licensed cosmetologist or a beauty guru whatsoever, however, from someone who has spent a great deal of money testing dozens of different products over the last few years, I have come up with a list of my favorite skin and hair products. I have dry textured skin and color-treated hair, and these are the gems I have found that work absolute wonders for me! 

Skincare 

Some skin care products arranged next to flowers
Charisse Kenion

Herbivore Prism exfoliating glow serum & Emerald deep moisture glow oil 

I kid you not when I used these for the first time, I was legitimately mind blown. To give you an idea of how dry my skin is, one time I was at Nordstrom getting my makeup done and the person doing it legitimately told me my face was dryer than the Sahara desert then proceeded to put a million oils and moisturizers on me before he was able to even prime my face. So, you can imagine I have struggled my whole life in finding a moisturizer or oils that I don’t have to put on three times for my face to properly move. This combination of oils is the only one I have found that doesn’t make my skin breakout and gives me the moisture and beautiful glow I need. These can be pretty pricey, however, for about $50 you can get both of these and 3 more in a sample kit which lasted me a couple of months! This way you can mix and match these oils to see what combination is best for your skin. Highly recommend these to anyone with even the slightest dry skin especially during this time of year not to mention the bottles are super cute. 

Prism Exfoliating glow serum will be your base which evens out skin tone, targets textured and dull skin and leaves your face looking and feeling brighter. After applying prism, go in with your emerald oil which targets dullness, redness, and dryness giving your skin deep moisture and a soothing feeling with a nourishing glow! I typically add these to my nighttime skin routine.  

Purity Made Simple one-step facial cleanser

I was skeptical about this facewash at first when it was recommended to me, but I am so glad I took the plunge and bought it because it is amazing. This facewash works great as a gentle cleanser and leaves my skin smooth and hydrated. It’s extremely light where I can use it on my eyes and removes makeup but a little goes a long way. It doesn’t cause breakouts or my skin to be overly oily or sticky after using. Highly recommend this product to anyone who has dry skin and a tendency to breakout. 

Hair Care

Photo by Element5 Digital from Pexels

Unite 7SECONDS Detangler & leave-in conditioner

I 100% swear by this product. I’ve used it for about 3 years and have gotten my friends on it as well. As a 3 in one detangler, heat protectant, and leave-in conditioner, 5-10 sprays of this stuff in wet hair makes it super easy to brush through and amazingly soft. I use to always wear extensions because my hair was so damaged and I figured as long as I had them in no one could tell, however when I got them removed I began using this product and my hair has grown about 3 inches and is healthier and longer than it’s ever been. After you spray this in, brushing your hair when it’s wet takes half the time and leaves your hair soft and strong. 

Living Proof Dry Volume Blast  

This volume and texture spray gives my hair the best natural volume and lifts I need throughout the day without being too heavy. I use it after I’m done styling my hair at the roots and it instantly gives a beautiful texture to my hair! Even while straightening my hair I use this as well! Spray at the roots and run your fingers through your hair as you would a dry shampoo and you’re ready to go!  

What are your favorite products you cannot live without? Let us know!

Bachelors degree in Business Administration with a specialization in Marketing Management, and a minor in Digital Marketing.