3 Reasons Why You Should Be Watching Vanderpump Rules

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Vanderpump Rules, a reality tv show on the Bravo Network that focuses on the lives of staff members who work for SUR Restaurant in Los Angeles, owned by Lisa Vanderpump. Not only is this show drama filled and exciting, but its also very important and serious at times. There are a million reasons why you should be watching this show, but I want to give you just a few:

1. We live for the DRAMA

I don’t know about all of you, but the amount of DRAMA in my life has reduced drastically, meaning I barely have any going on  personally. This show is a great way for me to have “drama” in my life, or at least some experience some crazy girl fights (there’s a lot of them) without having to actually live through them with my actual friends. Since you will all of course have your favorite characters, it’s fun to get to know all of the characters on the show and feel like they’re listening to you when you yell things like “KRISTEN YOU DID NOT NEED TO BRING TOM’S MISTRESS INTO THE RESTAURANT.”

2. Their fashion sense is on point (most of the time)

If you want know what people were wearing in the summer in LA, this is your place to look. The men and women on this show are well aware of their good looks, and they dress to match (except for that one time Schwartz wore that Muumuu) The stars of the show all work as bartenders, servers, bussers and hostesses (and more) so you wouldn’t think they make a ton of money, but they make it work cause these people ALWAYS LOOK GOOD. Also, since the show is pretty popular, a lot of the time on social media there will be links to the exact articles of clothing the cast is wearing on air!

3.  The show handles very sensitive issues almost every season

Lisa Vanderpump is an amazing and HUGE activist in the LGBTQ community, so throughout the seasons we get to experience Gay Pride every year with the people of Los Angeles. Which is one of the most inclusive cities in the world for members of the LGBTQ community. During season 5 episode 6, we lived through the Orlando Shooting at Pulse Nightclub. Lisa Vanderpump being the brave woman she is decided to say screw you to terrorism and bigotry and lets get this party going. She stood strong in the parade and continued to make all of the members of the LGBTQ feel welcomed and wanted.

If these aren’t good enough reasons, there’s also the fact that Lisa Vanderpump is an activist for dogs all over the world, so you get to see tons of cute dogs on this show. Check out The Vanderpump Dog Foundation right here.

HC Chapters, do any of you watch Vanderpump Rules? Who are your favorite characters, and do you agree with our reasons why you should be watching the show? Let us know in the comments below.