3 Breakfast Recipes I Tried From Pinterest This Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Do you find yourself eating the same boring bowl of oatmeal or eggs and toast every single morning? Me too. I found myself looking around my kitchen and trying to come up with something new and creative to start my day right. I looked on Pinterest, and of course I find hundreds of delicious looking dishes that I could definitely try and make. With the help of my cooking saavy significant other, we started cooking and made 3 really good breakfast dishes. Here are the ones we tried this week:

Chocolate Protein Pancakes

This recipe was easy and fun, you basically just add all the ingredients into a blender and viola! Throw as big of a pancake sized dollup onto the griddle and wait for it to brown. Follow the recipe on Pinterest here

Fluffy Ricotta Pancakes

For my ricotta cheese lovers out there, these fluffy ricotta pancakes are for you. Not only are they decently easy to make, they taste so dang good. They remind me of a mix of a cheesecake mixed with a pancake, it was so tasty! We stole the idea and recipe for a whipped honey butter from this page and added on top, and served with syrup and berries. These took a little bit longer, but they were definitely worth the wait. 

Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins

Okay, so oatmeal and applesauce are two of my favorite things so this was a no brainer. There wasn’t anything too hard about the recipe, and if you follow directions you will get some delicious oatmeal applesauce muffins! I plan on taking these on the go when I go to work or class in the morning. They’ll be great for finals week!

If you try out any of these recipes let us know in the comments below! HC chapters, do you have any breakfast recipes you can’t live without? Let us know!