22 Celebs That Will Make You Want To Embrace Your Natural Curls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Curly hair is a lot of things, including; inconsistent, expensive, and unmanageable. Also, this texture is far less embraced than the traditional long straight strands we see on a daily basis in the media, on the red carpet or even on campus. The number one thing curly hair is, is gorgeous, no matter what length or style. To all the curly girls reluctant to embrace the sass that was genetically gifted to you, here are a few reasons why it is essential to break out the anti-frizz and the diffuser for spring and let those curls loose! Here are some curly girls with fabulous spirals just like yours!

Mariah Carey

The Vision of Love video changed us all and the curly hair game has never been the same since. Yet another reason to be grateful for Mariah, as if you needed one.

Sarah-Jessica Parker

Eventually, Carrie decides to go for a sleek look when she gets dumped, but we all know that she will always be a curly girl at heart. Even if it was a perm.  

Beyonce

Not quiet sure which curl is the true natural cur,l but it is more than safe to say that Queen Bey rocks every single one of them.

Ashlee Moore

A model that took the modeling world by storm with full lips and a main, capable of steeling anyone’s heart… or man.

Jasmine Saunders

The model with bold hair wearing all of Kieley’s boldest lip kits. Natural blonde curls just aren’t fair with such a natural tan.

Annalynne McCord

Reclaims curls with the sass to match, and thank god.

Lorde

90s Grunge Era hair goals forever.

Jennifer Lopez

Jenny From the Block can’t fool us with her sleek red carpet ponies. That Brooklynn attitude comes from within… the curls.

Kamora Lee Simmons

The women who brought us Baby Phat also brings the volume with her bouncy curls.

And so do her little babes!

Andrea Brooks (@AndreasChoice)

One of the first Beauty Bloggers to give curly girls the tools they need to embrace their natural tresses.

North West

We will literally protest if Kimye allows those locks to lose their natural spiral.

Kerry Washington

Hair with even more power than Olivia Pope, didn’t believe it was possible.

Tyra Banks

Tyra has us shook with this volume, giving the “Smeyes” a run for it’s money.

Vanessa Hudgens

A rare sight, luckily our Coachella Queen doesn’t have to work too hard for a Boho Chic hair do.  

Shakira

Hips don’t lie nor do those locks. All sass all day.

Solange Knowles

Like her sister, embraces every kind of curl, every chance she gets.

Viola Davis

The Queen of the Oscars, blessing us with natural beauty.

Taylor Swift

The tapered wand is not fooling anyone, Tay’s curls come natural just like her natural ability to roast every guy she’s ever dated musically.

Naomi Campbell

Posses sole ownership of the catwalk and the afro.

Zoe Saldana

Those curls are out of this world, just like every character she plays.

Tracee Ellis Ross

We want her curls almost as bad as we want her to be our TV mom.

Honorable Mention:

Justin Timberlake

Bring the curls back, it’s who you are, Justin.

Fabulous curls were not meant to be left in the 90’s, neon track jackets were. If these fabulous mains don’t inspire you to grab a bottle of anti frizz, I don’t know what will.

President at Her Campus CWU Senior, Public Relations Major at Central Washington University!