This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

It’s that time of year! Buying a new swimsuit can be stressful even without worrying how sustainable the materials are, trust me I’ve been there. That’s why I’ve researched the best trendy, sustainable, and size-inclusive swimwear brands for you!

Aerie

Aerie should not be looked over when searching for your new suit this summer. With inclusive sizing ranging from XXS to XXL, Aerie has something for just about everyone! I personally looked into the brand’s sustainability commitment and was pleasantly surprised. Aerie has a very transparent brand image and uses ethical sourcing and manufacturing when making their products. 

Price range: $

Summersalt

I stan Summersalt. The brand offers sizes ranging from 0 to 24 and a lot of their suits are made from post-consumer materials pulled straight from our oceans! Summersalt swimwear has UPF 50 protection and can withstand 100+ hours of use in chlorinated water.

Price range: $$$

For Love and Lemons

For Love and Lemons has suits that scream Bridgerton and are ethically made! The brand is anti-racist, LGBTQIA+ friendly, and pledged to UN Sustainable Development Goals in 2020. For Love and Lemons ships in 100% compostable packaging too!

Price range: $$$$

437

437 is super trendy and has been seen on Charli D’ Amelio, Emma Chamberlain, and Megan Thee Stallion! 437 swimwear is ethically made, and their products come in reusable plastic packaging à la Glossier which make perfect makeup bags for traveling! 

Price range: $$$$

Andie Swim

Andie swimwear is size inclusive, ranging from XS to 3XL. The brand offers eco-friendly swimsuits made from 87% recycled post-consumer plastic! Andie Swim is a really good brand to check out this season.

Price range: $$$

Solid & Striped

Solid & Striped offers fun and trendy swimwear, some of which are sustainable! I did reach out to the brand over Instagram for more information about their commitment to sustainability but unfortunately did not hear back. For now, we’ll just have to trust them on it. 

Price range: $$$$

Agua Bendita

Agua Bendita swimwear is for the lowkey fashionistas. The brand’s suits are made sustainably by Columbian women, but I haven’t heard back from them about their sustainability commitment or if the products are ethically made. Hopefully they will add more information to their site soon.

Price range: $$$$

Sabo Skirt

Sabo Skirt is super trendy and even offers matching sets for mommy and me moments (or just matching with your little sister). They ship in recyclable and biodegradable packaging, their headquarters is powered entirely by solar energy, and they have reduced paper use by 90% this past year. 

Price range: $$

Zimmermann

Zimmerman is a little more pricey as it’s “high end” swimwear, but might be worth the splurge. The brand’s website states that they are committed to sustainability with 50% of their cotton being “more sustainable” and striving for 70% by 2022. Seems like Zimmermann is taking steps in the right direction!

Price range: $$$$$

Night Dive Swim

Night Dive Swim is a smaller brand but is totally worth checking out! The brand is female founded with ethically made, eco-friendly, size inclusive suits. Their sustainability commitment is front and center on the Night Dive website and details how they use ECONYL regenerated nylon from landfill and ocean plastics that can be recycled indefinitely to make their products. Using this material reduces the global warming impact of nylon by 80% and reduces crude oil uses as well as CO2 emissions. 

Price range: $$$

Don’t hesitate to shop these sustainable swimwear brands this summer! It may be a bit more expensive than a suit from Target, but the planet will thank you (and these brands are way cuter anyways). And as always,

XOXO HC

HC CWU Events and Marketing Director / Personal Financial Planning & Entrepreneurship / Cancer Sun