Style > Decor

The 10 Best Fall Candles to Dress Up Your Dorm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

With finals week fast approaching, there’s nothing I like more than having a serene place to study. Even though we may not be able to go sit down in a quiet café, there are still ways to bring that feeling into your own space. For me, there’s no better way to do that than lighting a nice candle! Here are my top 10 budget-friendly fall candles to make your dorm the perfect study space.

Toasted Fireside – Ulta

This 14.5oz soy blend candle is a sweet pick-me-up for when you’re feeling stressed. With notes of bergamot, peppercorn, caramel, and vanilla, this candle gets a 10/10 for scent from me. The best part is that you can pick it up for only $10!

Everspring Clove & Nutmeg – Target

A nice warm spice soy blend candle is the perfect fragrance to transition from fall into winter. At five and a half ounces and a price tag of $6, this candle is a great addition to any space, while saving you some change.

Solar Eclipse Herland Home – Urban Outfitters

This candle is a bit smaller, being only three ounces, but what it lacks in size it makes up for in vibes. This coconut wax candle comes in an amber glass jar with the most adorable minimalist style label. It has a 30 hour burn time and is $12.

FleurdeLysss Hand Poured Soy Candles – Etsy

These homemade candles come in a variety of cozy fall scents including Vanilla Pumpkin, Warm Apple Pie, and Hot Chocolate. The seller offers different sizes with prices starting at just $4.50! There’s even an option to add a personalization to the candle. It’s no surprise that these candles have a 5-star rating and are listed as a bestseller on Etsy!

Paddywax Cinnamon and Spruce – Aerie

This three-ounce candle has notes of orange peel, eucalyptus, pine, and vanilla bean layered underneath its cinnamon-y main event. It is $12 and hand poured in Nashville, Tennessee. The retro pink packaging is what sold me on this one, it’s just too dang cute!

Mahogany Teakwood High Intensity – Bath & Body Works

Would it really be a top 10 fall candles list if I left out Bath & Body Works? Mahogany Teakwood has been my all-time favorite fall candle for years, and the high intensity version is what my dreams are made of! This seven-ounce single-wick candle is made with soy-based wax and essential oils and has a burn time of up to 45 hours. I may or may not have just ordered three for myself.

Book Lovers’ Soy Candle “Spooky Stories” – Frostbeard Studio

This smoky cocoa scented candle comes in a few different size options starting at just $7! Not only is this candle hand poured in Minneapolis, it is also eco-friendly and 100% vegan. Coming in either tin or glass packaging, the containers are reusable and recyclable.

Black Currant – Public Goods

If you’re sick of pumpkin spice, this fall candle is your new BFF. It’s light, floral, and fruity, which is a great alternative to the heavy fall scents we’re so used to. This three and a half ounce candle is hand poured, vegan friendly, and comes in a minimalist style resealable glass jar. You can snag this one for only $6!

Calm & Cozy Large Jar – Goose Creek

Okay, I’ll admit that this may not be the most budget-friendly candle out there, but the aroma of sandalwood, cashmere, and vanilla amber is absolute perfection. This 24oz candle has two wicks and a burn time of up to 150 hours. Regularly priced at 27.99, I wouldn’t suggest running out and buying it if you’re trying to save money like I am. But it is currently 50% off on the Goose Creek site making it only $14. Now that is something I can get behind!

Mainstays Hazelnut Cream – Walmart

We need to stop sleeping on Walmart brand candles, alright. This 14oz, three-wick candle with fragrance notes of hazelnut, caramel, and vanilla is the absolute best fall candle for your dorm. It has a classic scent, isn’t too small, and is only $7. If you haven’t tried this line of candles, you are missing out!

So, there you have it, my top 10 fall candle recommendations. If you’re anything like me, you’ve likely gone through at least 3 fall candles this month alone, and frequent candle shopping is not high on your to-do list. Hopefully one of these is exactly what your space needs! And from all of us here at Her Campus, good luck with your final exams. You’ve got this babe!

XOXO HC

HC CWU Events and Marketing Director / Personal Financial Planning & Entrepreneurship / Cancer Sun