This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

If you haven’t had the opportunity to visit the Renwick Gallery, a branch of the Smithsonian’s American Art Museum, you need to make time … right now. The current exhibit, WONDER, is worth the inconvenience of the Redline schedule during the weekend.

WONDER features different styles of modern art by artists who created their pieces from ordinary yet abnormal supplies, such as index cards, tires, bugs, marbles, woodchips, and fishnets. This might not sound thrilling but each work is extremely beautiful and unique. It will make you actually wonder how the artist visualized something so timeless out of an object like an index card that we typically use to memorize Spanish 4 vocabulary words or the route blood travels from the heart.

This will not be an average trip to the art museum that you take with your 101 Art History class. Bring your cell phone or camera because the gallery encourages photography and Instagram posts with #RenwickGallery.

The entire WONDER exhibit is open until May 8th. So if you are wise, you will go before the cherry blossoms are in season and every tour bus in town lets off at Pennsylvania Avenue. 

Visit Renwick, you will not be disappointed.

Briana Bee is a senior at the Catholic University of America. She is completing her Bachelor's Degree in American Political Science with a Minor in Public Health Policy and Theology. Briana has interned for Congress, the Environmental Protection Agency, PA State Senate, and Irish Parliament. She is extremely passionate about women's rights, health and nutrition, current issues, and her lipstick. Briana joined HerCampus CUA because she wants to raise awareness on important topics and be a voice for women and the greater CUA community.