This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

Who Raised YOU?

I know it was not your sweet, loving and kind grandmother or mother, I know you weren’t raised by dogs…because I mean dogs are so adorable and so if you weren’t raised by strong powerful women and or dogs…then were did you come from?

See last Thursday I was at the bar and by the end of the night I think I was approached by 10 different guys. This is not some “woe is me” situation, I hate those people, like “oh 3 guys like me, I have no one,” kind of situations. I can only wish for such type of apprecation because the appreciation I got last Thursday was nothing short of sleezy. 

So I’m at the bar minding my own business, having fun and dancing with my friends when all of a sudden I felt something up aganist my leg…now I know dogs aren’t aloud at the bar and that couldn’t possiably be danc…oh wait…yes sure enough this form of humping was apparently a dance move. When I turned around and shot this guy the dirtest look he said, “Wanna dance?” I immediately shot back by saying, “First off whatever your attempting of doing is not dancing, so you might want to take care of that before asking anyone to dance, buh-bye!” Then a guy probably almost a foot shorter then me (i’m 5″7) wouldnt stop asking me to dance. There was this weird dance circle happening which I was admirly watching when this guy jumps in. He then proceeds to ask me to hop in the circle. I politely decline…and then he keeps asking…why do these guys think its ok to be annoying? Is that a genetic thing? After 4 attempts to try and get me to dance with him, thank GOD friend intervened and saved the night because now i was not in the mood for his shennanigans any longer. All the while I look up at this 6″7 bald guy is starring down at me, his friend must has been his translator becaue he came up to me and said “my friend likes you,” which sounded like he had a Russian accent. I look up, gigantor bends down and tries to speak to me. We both can’t understand each other to eventually he walked away. I am not kidding when I say the secruity guard proceeded to try and hit on me and my night when on as such.

All these men looked at me as if I wasn’t a person, with such sleezy antics and rude bantor, I truly cannot handle this single life sometimes. Not one person tries to have a decent conversation with you. They either ask you to dance 1738 times, or say your pretty and then proceed to dry hump your leg because they dont know what else dancing is. It is truly astonishing, really. I wonder what it will be like when someone tried to get to know me, for me and not say “your hot, wanna dance,” and try to makeout with you. So again I ask “who raised you,” and until I know it was by a sweet ass mother then please do not come up to me, thank you and goodbye.