This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

Having a rough week? That’s okay, you’re not the only one. Here’s a list of ten songs guaranteed to get you out of this funk. 

Everytime We Touch by Cascada

This song will top the chart every time. An iconic one-hit-wonder, this song incorporates a stellar beat, fire lyrics and an instrumental section perfect for dancing like a maniac as many people do.

Live While We’re Young by One Direction

While “What Makes You Beautiful” is the more popular of the two, this song has is more upbeat and (arguably) has a better chorus for “going crazy ‘til we see the sun.” This song will make you want to dance and scream and live while you’re young. It can bring up your mood instantaneously, reminding you that life is too short to be sad. Rather, live your best life while you still can.

He Could Be the One by Hannah Montana (Miley Cyrus)

This song will hit you right in the childhood. Written as part of a Hannah Montana episode where Miley struggled between bad boy Jesse and former first love Jake, this song makes you wanna scream about “the one.”

Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) by Katy Perry

Wild and eccentric, this song will have you wanting to dance on tabletops and (legally) take too many shots. Paired with an inspiring music video featuring the Rebecca Black, Katy Perry’s song is perfect for lifting spirits and focusing your attention on the weekend. 

Animal by Neon Tree

Reminiscent of the R&B boy bands of the 2010s, this song can turn anyone into an animal. The song possesses a good beat and the scream-worthy lines that will have any person singing along. So then “what are you waiting for?” Take a bite of this one.

Tik Tok by Ke$ha

It’s almost impossible to not get hype to this song that defined an entire decade. Catchy and filled with that great 2000s auto-tune, “Tik Tok” is for the party scene as it is almost impossible to merely sit and listen to this jam. Kesha’s line “no the party don’t start till’ I walk in” is a hype up line that stirs the inner life-of-the-party in any listener.

Fire Burning by Sean Kingston

This song was quite literally made for the dance floor, given the chorus references a girl “fire burning on the dance floor.” This song will get your heart pumping enough to “call 911.” The dance floor is calling your name, will you answer? 

Domino by Jessie J

The opening lines to this song are enough to lift your spirits on their own. Sexy and free? Glitter’s raining on me? You bet it is. Jessie J’s vocals are phenomenal throughout the song and the lyrics themselves are enough to make anyone feel like a queen. This song will make you feel young, wild, and free to be your own person. 

Want U Back by Cher Lloyd

An ICONIC song, written by an artist who virtually dropped off the face of the planet, this 2010s-era bop speaks to the badassness in any person. The music video is reminiscent of Avril Lavigne’s “What the Hell” and the song itself implies a similar attitude characteristic of the rip-jeaned, band T-shirt, bright-colored boldness of 2000-2010s female musicians.

Shower by Becky G

This song will turn a depressing shower right around. Quite literally will it make you want to dance in the mirror and sing in the shower. Fast-paced and repetitive, Becky G delivers an easy-to-sing song that will put anyone in a good mood.

Keep your head high, queen. You’ve got this!

Current Architecture student at the Catholic University of America and proud published author of Unravel by Kat Kade. President and Campus Correspondent for CUA's Her Campus Chapter and Business Manager of The Tower Newspaper.
Jessica is a senior at The Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. from northern New Jersey. She is majoring in media and communication studies and minoring in writing and rhetoric. When she's not busy writing for Her Campus, she enjoys working as the editor in chief of CUA's independent student newspaper "The Tower," watching "Scandal" on Hulu, and exploring D.C.