Tara Vallach; Founder of the Women’s Business Club and Half Marathon Queen!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

Graduation Date: 2016

Major: Finance

Hometown: Eastchester, NY

Birthday: July 10th, 1994

HC: Hello Tara, thank you so much for meeting with us! Getting back to school after this winter break must be tricky. Do you mind describing to us what the CUA Women’s Business Club is?

TV: Sure! The club is an advocate for women who have executive roles in business. We strive to have equality in the workplace, like a CEO position for instance.

HC: Thanks! So is there any special projects or goals that the club is currently working towards?

TV: Eventually, we want to have a panel of women executives come in to speak with us. Also we are looking into expanding to other universities and companies.

HC: What made you want to start this club on CUA’s campus?

TV: I wanted to get more involved on campus than just being a member of a club. Also, I wanted to leave a lasting impact at CUA.

HC: You also work as a tutor we hear? How did you get involved with that?

TV: It’s not really an interesting story, but the Center for Academic Success contacted me because they needed more Accounting tutors. So I started off doing that and eventually they asked me to also tutor in Finance and other business courses.

HC: What are your favorite things to do in this absurdly cold weather?

TV: I love to watch movies on the couch and also do a lot of online shopping!

HC: Do you have any activities outside of school you are involved in?

TV: I love to run. I ran two half marathons in the past and I am currently training for the Cherry Blossom race in April!

HC: That sounds amazing, good luck! Lastly, what advice would you give a person who is interested in studying business?

TV: I would tell them to get involved. Be proactive about everything you are doing and persevere through tough times because you will get the best result in the end. 

Caroline is a senior at The Catholic University of America studying Marketing. Along with her studies she is the Co-Founder and Co-Correspondent (Co-Editor-in-Chief) of Her Campus CUA, and works part time at a popular bbq place in downtown Washington, DC.  In her free time she enjoys exploring the city with friends and hunting down the best BLT. She hopes that bringing Her Campus to CUA will give students a new way to express themselves that has not been offered before.