Career

Spotlight on Campus: Meet Haley Sprague

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

It’s difficult to recognize a familiar face in a new environment, especially when you’re a freshman at a college or university. To help you find a familiar face in a new environment, here is Haley Sprague, a Junior architecture major who is here to answer your must-know questions for what’s what around CUA!

The Basics

Student: Haley Sprague 

Year: Junior 

Major: Architecture 

Hometown: Manahawkin, NJ 

Question 1

HC: What’s your favorite spot on campus?: 

HS: The upstairs Pryz towards the lawn, by the large glass windows. It’s quiet, but not as quiet as the library. It’s a great place to study, and if you get hungry there is food nearby!

Question 2

HC: What was the hardest part about coming to CUA?: 

HS: The hardest part of coming to CUA is being so far away from my family. I’m very close to my family so being more than an hour away from them was difficult for me. I found ways to stay connected though, such as phone calls and Snapchat, it became easier once I found good friends on campus, too. 

Question 3

HC: What is one piece of advice you would give to the freshman class?

HS: It’s okay to not know what you’re doing, because no one does. Enjoy what you’re doing and who you’re with right now, you’ll figure it out along the way and there will always be someone to help.

Question 4

HC: What’s the hardest part about college?: 

HS: The balance between social and academic obligations. It gets a little easier the longer you’re here though.

Next time you see Haley on campus, give her a wave! And if you have any questions about adjusting to life on a college campus, or if you’re a prospective architecture major, feel free to ask her any questions that you may have!

Jessica is a senior at The Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. from northern New Jersey. She is majoring in media and communication studies and minoring in writing and rhetoric. When she's not busy writing for Her Campus, she enjoys working as the editor in chief of CUA's independent student newspaper "The Tower," watching "Scandal" on Hulu, and exploring D.C.