This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

The girls who started this chapter are the hardest to say goodbye to. Without this class of Seniors, there wouldn’t be a Her Campus at CUA. This week, we pay tribute to these amazing ladies who have led and inspired us all, and asked them to reflect on their college years. Thank you all, and we can’t wait for you all to return and visit us!

Lots of love and luck HCXOXO

Katherine Baxter

1) What was your favorite part about being on Her Campus and what was the favorite article you wrote?

My favorite part of being a part of Her Campus CUA was learning from all of the brilliant women around me. Over the course of two years the CUA team evolved into a group of people I deeply admire. They have taught me the power in writing and how to embrace strength, courage, and fearlessness; I am very grateful for them. 

As for my favorite article, I had the most fun writing the ‘ABC’s of CUA’, but ‘The F Word’ is definitely the most passionate article I ever wrote. Someone had made a comment to me earlier saying, “ohhhh yeah, I forgot you were a feminist.” I grabbed my laptop and sprinted to Starbucks where I spent the entire day writing. 

2) What is your best college memory?

That’s a really difficult question to answer. My entire abroad experience is filled with unforgettable memories, however one that stands out was during our spring break to Morocco; one night our surfer instructors performed a drum show that lasted hours and it was truly incredible. But honestly, some of my fondest memories at CUA were forgettable nights spent in the company of quality people. 

3) What will you miss most about CUA?

That’s easy, the people…and bottomless brunch

4) What are your plans for after graduation? (Sry for asking the dreaded question)

I am spending the summer in London with my family where I will continue to apply for Jobs in the Boston area. 

5) Any advice you want to pass on to the Her Campus ladies you are leaving behind? 

Don’t be afraid to write what you want. You know it’s a good article if it elicits different reactions from different people. Never let the judgement of others dictate what you feel needs to be talked about; that’s what Her Campus CUA is for and why Caroline and I decided to bring it to this school. ALSO, listen to the criticism, whether you change from that criticism or not is up to you, but listen to the bad as well as the good. 

Caroline Ware

1) What was your favorite part about being on Her Campus and what was the favorite article you wrote?

Being apart of Her CampusCUA has completely changed my life. Not only did Katherine and I take a huge risk in starting it at CUA but I learned more than I could have ever imagined. Being able to have a page that everyone on campus read (whether they liked the article or not) was a way to express what we thought about CUA. Being able to get our voices out there and having people not only listen but also respond was incredible. Personally, I always did interview articles.  I loved highlighting students that were doing good for the CUA community and also getting hilarious responses. 

2) What is your best college memory?

Attending a college in Washington, DC has made all of my memories close to my heart. Being able to explore restaurants, monuments, bars, and more with the most amazing people on earth has made me the happiest I have ever been. I would even say deciding to work as a waitress has given me some of the best memories too. 

3) What will you miss most about CUA?

Hands down the thing I will miss the most about CUA are the people I have met. These amazing, crazy, silly, studious, inspiring people have made me into the person I am today. I honestly do not know how I am going to live everyday without them after May 14th. **insert tears**

I am so excited to share that last week I accept a job offer! I will be working as an Account Associate for the company DataXu located in Boston, MA. Im headed home!

First, I love you all. Second, please take care of Katherine and my baby (HC CUA). And third, continue to stand up for yourselves with the articles you write. If you feel that there is an issue that needs to be talked about, write about it. More people than you think read Her Campus and it will make a difference. Never feel bad if people do not approve of your article! If they don’t like it they don’t have to read it!

Briana Bee (AKA Queen B)

1) What was your favorite part about being on Her Campus and what was the favorite article you wrote?

My favorite part about being on Her Campus is having the ability to write about any subject that I am passionate about and feel that viewers could gain something in return from reading. My first article on the cancelation of Milk and the protest that followed was my favorite article because I was not remaining silent on an issue that was important to me. 

2) What is your best college memory?

This is in an impossible question to answer. I think either serving on a mission trip in Belize or working on the Hill. 

3) What will you miss most about CUA?

The community and close relationships that I share with many incredible people.

4) What are your plans for after graduation? (Sry for asking the dreaded question)

I am doing a year of service with the Lutheran Volunteer Corps (LVC). My placement is in Seattle, Washington with an NGO called Lifelong. I will be working to help reverse chronic illness and enhance medical outcomes in low income areas through nutrition and lifestyle change. 

5) Any advice you want to pass on to the Her Campus ladies you are leaving behind? 

Do not hold back. Write about anything and everything that makes you tick. Kick a**.

Jacqueline (Jax) Descloux

I loved being able to meet new people. I also enjoyed being able to write about different topics and enjoyed listening to what the others were going to write about. My favorite article that I wrote was a co authorship article with Meghan about what it is like to switch majors at CUA.

2) What is your best college memory?

I don’t just have one. I have so many great memories of college that I can’t narrow it down to one. The best memories I have are the ones that I made with my friends over these past four years.

3) What will you miss most about CUA?

I will miss seeing my friends every day and living in the nation’s capital. 

Going back to New York and getting a part time job while I study for the GRE and apply to grad school.

Write what you feeling strongly about! Don’t be afraid to stand up for what you believe in!

Karyssa Edwards

My favorite part about being on Her Campus CUA was everyone’s openness to different ideas. I don’t think anyone really got shot down when they pitched an idea. We were all very willing to hear what others had to say and wanted to get out to the public. I liked that I could throw ideas out on the table without any fear of judgment!

2) What is your best college memory?

Best college memory is Rumors. I am probably their number one advocate at CUA. I also can’t narrow it down to any specific night, because I can honestly say I have NEVER had a bad time there (from what I can remember). The music, set-up, and atmosphere are all perfect, and there is definitely no place like the Rumors dance floor. 

3) What will you miss most about CUA?

I will miss being able to go anywhere on campus (or even around Brookland) and running into multiple people that I know. I was looking for a small school when I was applying to colleges, and I am so happy I did. As fun as big schools may seem, there are definitely perks of being able to have a comfortable conversation with most people in your grade. I didn’t only make friends, I made family as well.

I am moving back home (to Massachusetts) and in the process of applying and interviewing for jobs around there. (WISH ME LUCK!!!!)

Don’t be afraid to write anything. People will ALWAYS have something to say about what you put out there, but isn’t that the point? Make people think! And don’t read too much into other people’s opinions of what you have to say, because you’ll probably laugh about it in the future anyway.

Sydney Galletly

I believe that Her Campus is a great opportunity for girls to share ideas and opinions that they may not have the chance to elsewhere. All ideas and thoughts are always taken into consideration without judgment from anyone. I am always pleasantly surprised and inspired about what everyone wants to share! My favorite article that I wrote was “Beyond Your Bubble” which was based on my recommendation to go abroad and experience beyond your comfort zone. 

2) What is your best college memory?

I would say being on the Rumors dance floor every Thursday night, but I guess Karyssa is trying to steal my thunder for that already. Therefore I’ll be a little more specific and say dressing up as Justin Bieber for Halloween at Rumors. I probably would’ve never had the courage to do this until senior year or without the encouragement of my roommates. Definitely support trying something besides the “provocative” option for once. 

3) What will you miss most about CUA?

Besides driving around McMahon parking lot for about 2 hours a day…I’ll miss being able to see my friends every day. CUA has given me the chance to meet so many amazing people that have impacted my life in more ways than one. It is truly special to be surrounded by people who always support you and encourage you to be the best person you can be. I don’t think I would’ve been able to gain the friendships I did at any other school. 

I’m off to backpack Europe for the month of June! And after a little bit of time at home in Rhode Island, I plan to return to DC and start my adult working life.

Stay fearless and open minded! I am so happy to see how much Her Campus has grown this year and I know we are leaving it in great hands. 

Kathryn McGirk

1) What was your favorite part about being on Her Campus and what was the favorite article you wrote?

My favorite part of being on HC was being so well received and finding a forum where I could really write about anything I wanted, and be supported to do so. My favorite article was my piece about Ruth Bader Ginsburg. 

2) What is your best college memory?

My favorite memory of college was when I got to study in Vienna before my senior year. I had a lot of fun learning about art, psychology, and avoiding learning German. 

3) What will you miss most about CUA?

I will miss the luxury of living with and seeing my friends every day. 

4) What are your plans for after graduation? (Sry for asking the dreaded question)

TBA, staying in D.C. under any circumstances! 

Write about anything that is important to you, and try to include any and all CUA student experiences. Enjoy the rest of your time at school and value the opportunity to grow as a person through your education. 

Kelly Henderson

As a naturally more quiet individual, I have found that writing makes it easier for my voice to be heard.  My favorite part about being on Her Campus was it providing me that platform for me to speak about topics that were important to me and relevant in the CUA community.  My favorite article I wrote for Her Campus was the article I wrote on my experience playing soccer in college– “Don’t Quit, Keep Going: Why You Should Play a Sport in College.” 

2) What is your best college memory?

Catholic is not a school in which you have just one best memory.  My favorite memories range from the celebrations of winning two conference championships to the brunches where we pretended we were billionaires to Cancun 2k16 to just sitting out on our friends porches and backyards. 

3) What will you miss most about CUA?

The people. No doubt about it.

5) What are your plans for after graduation? (Sry for asking the dreaded question)

Currently, I plan to attend Parsons School of Design in NYC in the fall for a fashion marketing program. However, I’m definitely still actively seeking employment in the fashion industry.

Kelly Rodgers: 

1. What was your favorite part about being on HC and what was the favorite article you wrote?

I love being able to read what other HC girls have to say, and I love to hear their story pitch ideas — they’re all so creative. Writing is therapeutic for me, I love it so much. I have to say my favorite article I wrote was either about being an intern or why I love Thanksgiving so much (its kind of an obsession).

2. What is your best college memory?

God I have no idea what my best college memory is, to be quite honest. I have loved school events like Homecoming, Mistletoe, Relay for Life, etc. I loved the events I participated in during my time in Redline A Cappella & Kappa Tau Gamma…but I also loved the lazy night with my roommates drinking wine and talking about life over a large pizza. CUA has provided me with some of the best four years I could have ever asked for.

3. What will you miss most about CUA?

I will miss the community. All of the people I have met here who have become like family to me. And the campus, a beautiful place that has become my home for the past four years.

4.What are your plans for after graduation?

LOL great question. I am interning and waitressing over the summer while simultaneously applying for jobs and possibly freelancing. But come August I have no idea what I am doing with my life.

My advice would be to write about what you love, and what interests you! Push your limits as a writer — you never know what might come of it.

Michaela Shea

My favorite part of Her Campus was the support from all of the girls to write whater I wanted, whatever I was passionate about. As it turns out, I am passionate about tacos and therefore my favorite article was about my favorite tacos in DC. It required a bit of research but I was willing to take on the responsibility. 

2. What is your best college memory?

It’s hard to choose just one! One of my favorites was going to President Obama’s second inauguration freshman year. It was an incredible experience that I was able to share with my friends…and Beyoncé…

3. What will you miss most about CUA?

I  will miss having my friends nearby all the time. However, I will not miss Pryz food or Rumors.  

4.What are your plans for after graduation?  (Sry for asking the dreaded question)

After graduation I will be working in the communications department at the Jesuit Conference of the United States and Canada.  I am so excited to be able to stay in DC. 

Write about what excites you, what angers you, and never be afraid to pitch an idea.  You’re surrounded by incredibly supportive girls who want to see you succeed. 

After living in 3 different countries including 3 different states in the USA, it is no surprise that Roisin Gibbons decided to come to the nation's capitol to pursue a career in Social Work at CUA. Whil she did run away to Australia, her love for DC and the HC family brought her back home. Now a semester away from her senior year, Roisin is a HerCampus CUA writer, Co-President of CSWNA, Active Minds Fundraising Chair, and Marketing Chair for NRHH. Along with that, her own blog and volunteer experiences, she finds time to be a fashionista, singer, adventurer, and model for GUS Vintage Goods in California over school breaks. Roisin hopes to make a difference for victims of human trafficking and alcohol and drug addiction as a Social Worker and believes that her work with communities and blogging has put her ahead of the game.