jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

It’s about to be that time of year where everywhere you go heart shaped boxes of candy are on display and stuffed animals with overly large eyes stare back at you as you pass them in the grocery store, as if asking “Still single again this year?” If your answer is yes and you’re having the pre-Valentines Day jitters, don’t you worry…nothing says sexy like a confident single girl and some red wine. Be empowered this Valentines Day and happy you dont have to depend on someone to buy you chocolates or flowers, you can do that your DAMN self. 

Empowerment is the key word in this article, every girl at least once during the Valentines Day season has had the V-day jitters, not knowing what to do on that day because they’re single and wishing to spend the special day with a boyfriend instead of sitting at home watching RomComs. But don’t force yourself to find someone to share the day with, make that day all about you, get your nails done and make plans to get drinks with girlfriends! When plans are set you are not going to want to back out of them and you’ll be excited to seize the day! Also, lets be honest, nothing is better than gossiping and laughing over passed relationships and boys you’ve met along the way. Feel your best this Valentines Day, get a new dress or wear that outfit you feel on top of the world in, when you go out, everyone won’t be able to take their eyes off of you and seriously nothing is better then when your feeling yourself because everyone else will be too, (trust me!) 

When the time comes, you’ll spend the day and appreciate it more when you are with someone who treats you with love 365 days a year. The saying is true, you can’t love someone else until you love yourself…so this Valentines Day TREAT YO SELF & spend it with your true soul mates!