This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

Over the past few years, Korean Barbeque has started to gain a lot of popularity. Not like our typical American barbeque, KBBQ is a mixture of sweet and spicy sauces such as soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, garlic and sugar. These come together to create the perfect blend of amazing taste and just the right amount of sweet and spicy. 

Located within the heart of Shaw, DC, is a wonderful little hole-in-the-wall restaurant called Gogi Yogi. It has been voted the best Korean Barbeque in DC and after trying it,  I would have to agree! Last weekend, I went for a late night date with my boyfriend for our 6 month anniversary. We were greeted by an eclectic bar and table tops with grills. Our temperatures were taken as part of COVID-19 precautions and then we were able to get our own grill top. Our waiter started off by making sure we were familiar with how KBBQ works and then gave us his favorite recommendations off the menu. 

To start off we got Soju Slushies with a shot of Vodka; they provided a selection of 5 different flavors. Soju is a korean alcohol similar to American vodka. The taste was wonderful! 

For food we decided on an all you can eat option. There were two different choices that you could choose from with the difference being bulgogi and shrimp. We ended up getting Option B, the “all you can eat,” that included shrimp and bulgogi. This is when the fun started! 

Our waiter turned on our grill and then the food started arriving. My favorite part was that we got to cook the food ourselves! By the end of the night, I was so full I couldn’t eat anymore! Usually at these types of restaurants you cannot get a box to go; however, our waiter was extremely nice and said he could make an exception for us. 

Overall, I would recommend this restaurant to everyone! There were several different options ranging from affordable to pricey (splurge if you want to!). KBBQ is an awesome interactive experience for a date night, family night out, or even if you want to enjoy dinner by yourself! Next time you catch yourself looking for a place to eat out (that is Covid safe-too) seriously consider Gogi Yogi. 

Current Senior Nursing Major at CUA! I love all things women empowerment and learning from others! My favorite hobbies include reading, cooking and hanging out with my friends. Favorite animal: cats and horses
Current Architecture student at the Catholic University of America and proud published author of Unravel by Kat Kade. President and Campus Correspondent for CUA's Her Campus Chapter and Business Manager of The Tower Newspaper.