This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

It’s been a fun-filled and beautiful long weekend. Maybe you’ve gotten hang out with your family, or maybe you’ve gotten to hang out with your friends for three days straight without any sort of academic care in the world. Now here you are wondering what else October could possibly have in store for you besides this four day week and Halloween. Well don’t worry, this weekend is set to be a continuation of your fun and beautiful weekend becuase Cardinal Week has officially kicked off! There are numerous events going on throughout this week, but if you can’t make it to anything then you should come out to celebrate CUA this upcoming weekend (October 14-15). Get your red and black gear all prepped, grab your planner and jot down these fun and spirited events!

Friday, October 14: Get glitzed and glammed for the Homecoming Ball, put on by Campus Ministry! You’ll get the opportunity to dance to great music, eat delicious food (*ahem* cookies), and hang out with friends in the Law School Atrium from 8:00 pm to 12:00 am. The tickets only cost $10, and all of the proceeds go to Little Sisters of the Poor, a place of residence for elderly located just across the street from Catholic. This event is always a blast, and if anything gives you an excuse to get dressed up!

Saturday, October 15: After recovering from a night of dancing and cookie-eating, head over to the DuFour Athletic Center parking lot for the annual Tailgate beginning at 10:00 am before the Homecoming Football Game at 1:00 pm. Get a group of friends or your student organization together and reserve a parking spot on the Nest through the Custos Utique Antiquitatis organization page. There will be some great performances by different CUA groups and organizations. Don’t forget to bring your burgers and snacks as well, because once again – food. If you’re a senior, be sure to get to the Alumni Tent to catch up and pre-game with Alumni, both new and old. Afterwards, head over to the football field to root on our football team as they play Hampden-Sydney (VA). But be sure you get your rest after the game because that night from is the annual Bonfire hosted by Res Life! Fly your proud cardinal-selves to the Opus Lawn to hang out by a toasty bonfire with friends, music and…food. And if you a First-Year, the raffles will be drawn for the winners of the Cardinal Challenge. If the free food and guaranteed fun can’t entice you to come, I hope the amazing possibility of winning one of the prize packages can. 

These are just two of the five days that are certain to make this week a memorable and exciting one. Be sure you check out all the events going on this week so that you can fully experience Cardinal Week! 

A Houstonian living life and adventuring in DC.