CapitalFest 2k15: A Captivating Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

(CapitalFest Stage before concert began)

On October 3rd, (it’s October 3rd!!) CUA hosted two fabulous musical guests at its CapitalFest 2k15.  CapitalFest 2015 is Catholic’s second annual fall concert festival.  Last year’s guest, Walk the Moon, took stage on the law school lawn and absolutely rocked the campus.  Unfortunately, this year’s festivities had to be moved indoors with Hurricane Joaquin’s wrecking path predicted to travel up the east coast.  Before the concert, I was definitely nervous with exactly how the Pryz Great Room would transform into an acoustically sound concert hall.  Luckily, with the help of the CUA event staff and the band’s management, the night was a total success.  

(The Icarus Account)

The concert started with the opening act, the Icarus Account.  The duo was a total crowd pleaser with their sweet lyrics, perfect harmony, and matching beards and man buns.  Afterwards, CapitalFest headliner, the American Authors, took stage and brought an insane amount of energy into the room.  They quickly captivated the crowd and had everyone singing and dancing. If you couldn’t catch the concert, I’d highly suggest checking out both performing acts, particularly the songs “Favorite Girl” by the Icarus Account and “Luck” by American Authors.

(American Authors)

Catholic University Senior. Romping around the District. Playing with Words. Trend-trying, Style Seeking Individual. Coffee Enthusiast. Mac-and-Cheese's Soulmate. Retired Athlete/Future Soccer Mom. Swipe right for more info.