Amanda Pesta: Campus Celebrity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

HC: Hi Amanda! Thank you for agreeing to meet with me today.

Amanda: Sure! Not a problem :).

HC: Where are you from, what year are you, and what is your major?

Amanda: I’m from Branchburg, NJ and I’m a junior nursing major!

HC: Nice! What organizations are you apart of at CUA?

Amanda: I’m apart of SNA, which stands for Student Nurses Association. I’m the junior class president and I’ve been the class president for a few years. I’m also a tutor for Pathophysiology and Chemistry.

HC: Wow that’s awesome! Are you involved in anything outside of school?

Amanda: Well not really but I am hydration manager for an intramural basketball team aka water girl! Important stuff!

HC: Haha how cool, what would your advice to freshman be?

Amanda: Enjoy every second of school because I can’t believe I only have one year left, as cliché as it, it goes by so fast. Also, go out of your comfort zone to make new friends, because sometimes the unlikely friendship is the best kind.

HC: That’s really good advice, love it.  And what are your plans after graduation?

Amanda: My plans after graduation would be either staying here in DC or going back to the NJ/Philly area and working as an RN on an oncology or pediatrics floor.

HC: That sounds like a great plan. Is anything exciting happening for you this summer?

Amanda: I was just offered a position as a summer nurse tech at Medstar Georgetown on a hematology/oncology floor for the summer!

HC: Impressive! Last question: what is a fun weird fact about yourself?

Amanda: I’ve never had a brain freeze…or a hamburger from a fast food restaurant haha!