Ally Zeitler: Keepin’ It Classy at Mistletoe (with her heels on)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

Mistletoe Ball: the single most underrated event of the year. Say what you will about school-sponsored events; Program Board knows how to throw a bangin’ holiday ball. I didn’t discover how great Mistletoe Ball was until I was a sophmore, and I wish I had known to go when I was a freshman. It’s the perfect excuse to get dressed up, drink with your friends, and dance the night away while simulataneously ignoring the fact that finals are right around the corner. I was not the only one who was super stoked about this year’s MTB; this week’s Campus Cutie was also anxiously tweeting about her excitement for what this year’s ball might hold. Not only did she tear the dance floor apart (I got to sneak in a few dances with her too), but she also looked super-glam in her classic red lipstick. Ally gives us the full scoop as to what she enjoyed most about MTB2015…

Full Name: Allyson Zeitler
Age: 20
Hometown: Fresno, California
Major/Minor: History, German
Relationship status: Single
Date to Mistletoe: My roommates, we all went as a group!

Had you been to Mistletoe Ball before? Yes, this was my second time.
What was your favorite food served at Mistletoe? The cookies, they were to die for.
What did you wear to MTB? I wore a black, flapper-like dress, and did bright red lips.
What was your MTB pregame drink of choice? Gin. Lots and lots of gin.
Did you manage to keep your heels on the entire dance? Hell yes, and I looked good while doing so!
Favorite song to jam to on the dance floor: Ignition (Remix)
What did you do after Mistletoe? I ordered lots and lots of Pizza Boli’s 

Favorite part of Mistletoe Ball? Dancing like crazy, and getting down on the second floor balcony.
What made MTB2015 memorable for you? Taking a ton of stupid pictures with my roommates and friends. We’ll be able to remember all the parts of the night, including the blurry parts.
Would you recommend Her Campus CUA attend MTB in the future? I would totally recommend it.

Not only did she keep her heels on (something I always strived to do but could never commit to), but she also ended the night on a perfect note – with pizza, friends, and tons of pictures to remember the night by. Ally, you did MTB right.
Having come a long way from her freshman year as an"exploratory" major living in Centennial Village, Kelly loves Catholic University just as much as she did when she moved onto campus in August 2012. She has since declared a major in Media & Communication Studies, has fallen in love with her friends at CUA, and has found Washington D.C. another place to call home. In addition to being a Her Campus CUA contributor,  Kelly is also part of Catholic's Redline A Cappella, and is a Sister of Kappa Tau Gamma Sorority. Kelly hopes that Her Campus will help her connect better with the CUA community, and help her to perfect her writing skills before she graduates in May.