5 Things We’re Excited for This Fall at CUA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

The Presidential Election:

Living in the main political hub of the country, we are fully expecting to be able to get some unique opportunities to schmooze and network with famous politicians, whether it be by attending events with the College Democrats/ Republicans or simply by happy hour at Capitol Hill bars.

Cardinal Weekend:

Saturday night after the homecoming football game and tailgate, all past and present Cardinals head over to at Kelly’s Irish Times to catch up and reconnect over Pickleback shots and PBR tall boys. Tip: get there before 9pm if you don’t feel like waiting in a line down the block to get in.

The Opening of the National Museum of African American History and Culture:

After years of seeing its construction, the newest Smithsonian is finally complete and people are already fighting for tickets to see the inside of the beautiful museum. It is the only national museum devoted exclusively to African American life, history, and culture and it is located directly on the mall. Absolutely worth going to see.

Fall Foliage on the Great Falls Trail:

Venture outside the city and take in the incredible scenery on the Billy Goat Trail in Great Falls, VA. Peak foliage for this fall will be between October 12-25.

Mistletoe Ball:

Always the most exciting event before the end of semester, and the perfect excuse to get dressed up and eat killer food, Rumor has it that Mistletoe will be held at the Ritz Carlton this year, so start dress-shopping now and buy your tickets early- it always sells out!