5 Questions You Should Avoid Asking an LSAT Test Taker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you’ve just taken the LSAT after studying for countless hours stuck in the library, while you’re friends are out on a Thursday enjoying their senior year. For those of you don’t know what the LSAT stands for, its Law School Admissions Test and it’s hell. However, with my hopes of pursuing a dual degree in media studies and law, the LSAT has quickly the most important aspect in my life. As someone who loves to be the center of attention, talking about the LSAT is ironically the part of my life I don’t want to discuss with other people, (unless of course you’re taking it too, come find me and we can cry together.) Though I have not received my scores yet, I have already began studying again, cause why not right? I am so determined to do my best on this test that going out with friends, binge watching Netflix, and sleeping all weekend are things that have quickly moved from a sacrifice to a necessity to reaching my end goal. With all this said, don’t ask me about it.. for now, and here are five questions that I promise you other fellow LSAT students don’t want to hear before or after taking the test.

When are you taking the test?

This is a really annoying questions cause like I said no one wants to think about the day they have to take a test that could potentially determine what they do for the rest of their life, let me take it and let’s pretend it actually never happened. 

When do you get your scores back?

If you ask me a this question you’re gonna get a false answer because not only are you not gonna know the date I’m getting it, its comical that you would think I would go as far as to share my score with you, unless I get a 180 in that case, we can talk all about it. #Dontplayyourself

Are you sure law school is something you want to do?

Unless you’re paying for my education or know me on a very close personal level, don’t fix your mouth to ask me this question. Also as a black female I find it very insulting to tell me I don’t look like a “lawyer”. #sorrynotsorry

What do you think you got on the test?

The LSAT is a 4-hour test with five sections each thirty-five minutes. The only thing I was worried about during the test was answering as many questions as I could as accurately as I could. My answer to this is, “I think I got the best score that I possibly could have with the amount of work I put in.” Also many people are unaware of the tests’ scale so I feel like half the time I could tell them any number and they wouldn’t know if it was good or bad.

Are you ready for the test?

This might be the most annoying question of them all because to be honest after studying for countless hours and taking practice test after practice test, I’m still not sure if I’m ready. Saying it out loud to someone who is just trying to be nosey does not make it any better.