5 Great Places to Go for Valentine’s Day in D.C

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

Let’s begin the countdown…

5. Matchbox in Chinatown

This restaurant is located in Chinatown and is the perfect date night spot. It is right off the metro at Gallery Place/Chinatown (Red and Green/Yellow Lines). Your menu selections range from delicious salads to comfort food such as baked chicken.

4. The Hamilton in Metro Center.

This restaurant is huge! The site was previously a Border’s, so you are basically eating in an old bookstore with fabulous décor. Plus, there are about 2-3 bars and a concert venue in the basement! 

3. Momiji’s in Chinatown

If you like sushi/Asian food, this place is a great spot to go to. In the spirit of the holiday, be sure to try the valentine roll (you and your partner can share!)

2. Vapiano’s in Chinatown

There is a nice lounge feel here and the customizable pasta is delecious. An added bonus is that above the kitchen there is a huge chalkboard with Italian phrases and cool art. With seperate pay cards, this spot is perfect for that newly dating couple or date night with friends…no one has to worry about splitting checks.

1. Maggiano’s in Friendship Heights/Chevy Chase 

The restaurant itself is spacious and beautiful and of course the food is great as well. Even better is the ambience and music they play (Frank Sinatra anyone?). It is wonderful to listen to while having a romantic dinner with your partner.

Jax is a senior Psychology Major with a Minor in Media & Communications studies at The Catholic University of America in the nation's capital. She is originally from New York and holds two citizenships with the United States and Switzerland.