10 Wardrobe Essentials for CUA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

After an entire summer of bathing suits, tank tops, and sofie’s packing for school can be a drag, especially if you are headed to the nation’s Capitol. Here in Washington, DC the weather is always unpredictable, that’s why having a set list can help you save time and stay organized!

To make this easier for those of you who have not read anything but gossip magazines all summer, we’ll go by seasons:

FALL

1)   Leggings – Having a pair of leggings in your wardrobe is necessary. They give you the flexibility of being comfortable while doing every day activities. Say you and your friends want to run over to the Pryz for a late dinner but don’t want to look too much like a bum, throwing on a pair of leggings is always a safe bet!

2)   Sundress – Yes, summer may be over but here in DC you never know what the weather is going to be like. So being prepared to have a cute dress to wear when going to brunch on Sunday morning is always a good idea.

3)   CUA t-shirt – It’s fall baby! So that means football games and tailgates! Don’t be the one who shows up without a CUA t-shirt because everyone else will be repping his or her school pride.

WINTER

4) Parka- Winter in DC is very interesting. Yes the campus freaks out when there is 2 inches of snow but you should definitely have a parka on hand. The wind is insane here and the snow flies sideways. So having a coat that covers almost your entire body is the way to go

5)   Gloves – Along with the parka you’ll need some gloves. Yes the long puffy coat will cover most of your entire body but the only part it doesn’t get is your hands. Gloves will solve this tiny problem!

6)   Baggy Sweatshirt – It’s winter so having a big baggy sweatshirt to throw on when it gets chilly is always acceptable. Comfort is key!

SPRING

7)   Raincoat – Spring is here and so are the showers! Waking up and having to run across campus in the pouring rain for LC’s are not fun, especially if you don’t have a raincoat. So be sure to pack one for the down pours you will encounter!

8)   Rain Boots – With the rain comes puddles and mini rivers. Walking up the CV Hill while the mini river of rain is coming at you without rain boots is a no no! Be sure to bring them so you can keep your feet dry and warm!

9)   Crop-Top – Spring is the season of DARTY’S! Otherwise known as day-parties. Girls, it is essential to buy a great crop top to attend. Everyone will be rocking them and who doesn’t love a fun shirt to look forward to wearing?

10)         Sunglasses – Let’s be honest ladies having a great pair of sunglasses is a high priority in a wardrobe. So don’t be afraid to go out and buy some crazy colored glasses that will liven up your outfit!

Caroline is a senior at The Catholic University of America studying Marketing. Along with her studies she is the Co-Founder and Co-Correspondent (Co-Editor-in-Chief) of Her Campus CUA, and works part time at a popular bbq place in downtown Washington, DC.  In her free time she enjoys exploring the city with friends and hunting down the best BLT. She hopes that bringing Her Campus to CUA will give students a new way to express themselves that has not been offered before.