This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

It’s that time of the semester. Midterms are in full swing, homework is piling up, and we are all starting to feel like our life is becoming a little messy. The busier the schedule, the more we start to forget to complete all of the other tasks that we need to. One of the best ways to stay organized is to start creating a to-do list. It seems a little cheesy, I get it, but making one will help you remember all of the little things you need to do in between all of the other major events happening at the same time. 

journaling
Photo by Glenn Carstens-Peters from Unsplash
Personally, making a to-do list has helped me a lot after a messy first semester here at CU. I used to just attempt to remember things and it worked for a while, but as I got busier, my mind went in a million different directions and I started to forget a lot of little but important things I needed to do. Once this started happening, I began creating to-do lists. I just started to write things down as soon as I remembered them so that I knew to come back to them later as I always forgot. 

As your mind goes in a million directions during your life’s busy time, creating a list will  also help free your mind of the fact that you could forget something. It releases that nagging, making you less stressed and more focused. This habit can be hard to start if you get that great wave of idleness like many students do, but the organization it creates is a great benefit that will eventually help push you towards achieving the goals you desire in your life. 

Coffee next to planner
Photo by Content Pixie from Pexels
It may seem cheesy, but making a to-do list will help you organize your life and will benefit you greatly in the long run! 

Kyra Dascher

CU Boulder '23

Kyra is a junior studying history and journalism. She is a midwest native who loves writing lifestyle content and spends most of her days outside appreciating Colorados beauty!
Sko Buffs!