brunchjpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brunchjpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why Brunch Is The Superior Meal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Brunch is the best, point blank period. Ask anybody what their weekend plans are and I would bet a small amount of money that at least two out of five people would say brunch is on the itinerary. With such a magical combination of breakfast and lunch, it’s hard to deny that brunch is superior. Now, let’s get into some key elements of what the brunch craze is all about.

First and foremost, bottomless mimosas. If bottomless mimosas aren’t the first thing you think of when someone says brunch, you’re lying. Or, you’re just not doing brunch correctly. The delicious combination of champagne with a little dash of orange juice is pure magic. Brunch and mimosas are the perfect excuse to get day drunk fast. Plus, the best way to cure a hangover is to drink more… right? 

Second, sleeping in. Let’s be honest, how many times have you made breakfast plans and you simply don’t wake up early enough to go? I myself have done this countless times. Breakfast is simply too early in the morning. Brunch is the superior meal time. You can go anytime, usually, between 10 am and 3 pm. This gives you and your friends time to roll your hungover selves out of bed and meet for brunch without feeling guilty. You could even have spare time to throw on some makeup if you’re really feeling it. 

Finally, it’s breakfast and lunch. Want a sweet flight of french toast? Stack of blueberry pancakes? Or if you’re more of a savory person, don’t even worry about it. Steak and eggs, omelets, breakfast sandwiches, regular sandwiches, even crab legs if you’re feeling extra fancy. What more could you want? Brunch is not the time to be shy, there are no rules here! Order whatever your heart desires and don’t you dare feel guilty about it.

For my fellow CU students out there, here are some of my best brunch recommendations:

Snooze, an A.M Eatery

Born right here in Colorado, Snooze is a fan favorite. With their extensive menu, there is quite literally something for everyone. They have all different styles of eggs, pancakes and french toast, vegetarian options, and more. Try my personal favorite, the “Funky Monkey French Toast”, for a delicious combination of peanut butter, bananas, and caramel. Their menu also excels in unique cocktails and breakfast classics.

The Buff

The Buff is an extremely popular spot for students and families, for good reason too. Their menu is quite impressive with everything from skillets and benedicts to pancakes and french toast flights. If you’re looking for drinks, they offer a Bloody Mary, Mimosa, or Tequila Sunrise for 99 cents with an entree! Their coffee and tea selection is pretty good too though, and they have super cute mugs.

Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse

The Dushanbe Teahouse is one of the most unique spots in Boulder. The building is absolutely stunning and makes for some great photo ops! You can sit by the fountain, or even request to sit on the floor pillows. They have great traditional brunch options, but if you’re looking for something different they also offer a variety of foods with an Asian/European influence. And of course- tea.

Jill’s Restaurant

If you’re feeling fancy (and preferably with your parents, so you don’t have to spend your own money), I would recommend Jill’s. Jill’s offers a cute, elegant French-American style buffet brunch. They have everything from crab legs and prime rib to eggs and pancakes. Major selling point: bottomless mimosas and wine. 

If you’ve made it this far, well, I hope you’re hungry. You now have all the tools you need to take your weekend to the next level. Stop wasting time and go grab some brunch! 

Emily Stepanian

CU Boulder '23

Emily is a junior at CU Boulder majoring in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations. In her free time, she likes to go skiing, listen to music, cook, and hangout with friends.
Sko Buffs!