Why 2017 is Going to Be our Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

2016 was rough, we can definitely all admit to that it was a very interesting year. From election drama (which we still hear about LOL) to clown sightings on college campuses around the nation. It was a year for the books.

2016:

But, thankfully—that is all behind us now. It is time to start fresh and look ahead, not look back to the weird year of 2016. I’ll admit that 2016 was just as hard for me as it was for everyone else I saw (read: social media!!). 2016 definitely taught me some things that I did not know I needed to realize in my personal life. It was definitely the year of realizing stuff.

2016 taught me to be more patient, more mature, more kind, more forgiving and more loving. I just try to now always remember that you don’t know what the people around you are going through and that it is always wise to put your best foot forward regardless of the situation at hand. I think that 2016 can be looked at as a great year of trial and error. If you can take anything from 2016 it’s that it was a crazy year and we can all (for the most part) be very happy that it’s in our rearview mirror and that we have better things to look forward to.

BOY, BYEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

2017:

This is going to be a good year. I can feel it. I can sense it (jk, but maybe?!). This is the year of redemption. So what that 2016 was the weirdest year ever!? 2017 is the year to make a comeback. It’s the year to FINALLY eat right (read: no more constant T BELL). It’s the year to learn to love yourself and accept your imperfections- because trust me, we all have them. This is the year to become the best you. Whether that means finally asking your crush in chem class out, not being afraid to stand up for what you believe in, asking for help in classes you thought you were already an expert in (guilty), wearing the latest fashion trends like man chokers, and just not being afraid to strut your stuff. This is the year that is meant to give it your all and I know that you can do it. I just want you to know that I BELIVE IN YOU.

2016 was weird. 2017 will be cool. Whoever you are, where ever you are make this your year. Make this the year that you work harder than ever before to accomplish your dreams. I know you can do it. You were put on this earth to accomplish your goals and I know that you can do anything that you put your mind.

SO……GET OUT THERE AND GO KICK SOME MAJOR BUTT!!!!!!!!

Sabrina is a big city girl turned hiking fanatic and is currently living life in Boulder, Colorado! Sabrina is a junior studying Information Management and Marketing with a Technology, Arts, and Media minor. Sabrina is involved with her sorority, Alpha Chi Omega, Peer 2 Peer mentoring in the business school, a Leeds Professional Mentorship Program mentee, and a campus rep for Victoria's Secret PINK. When she's not in class, Sabrina loves to eat sushi, rep PINK, and watch KUWTK. Sabrina's just a Blair Waldorf girl on a Dan Humphrey budget.
Sko Buffs!