nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What Are Your Old Favorite Disney Stars Up to Now?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Everybody knows what Miley Cyrus and Zac Efron have been up to recently, but what about our other beloved 2000s stars? While some have remained in the spotlight, others may have fallen off of our radar. Keep reading to see where some of your childhood favorites are now.

Source

1. Amanda Bynes

If Britney can survive 2008 and Amanda can look like the past few years never happened, you can literally do anything. After recovering from an addiction to Adderall and apologizing to Drake for her obscene tweets, Amanda recently revealed that she wants to return to acting after she gets her degree. Amanda is currently a student at FIDM in LA and some of the clothes she wore for her PAPER Magazine cover were designed by herself, so expect to see a clothing line in the future.

Source

2. Hilary Duff

Even with two kids, our girl Lizzie has been working non-stop. Hilary has been pretty consistent on screen, playing Kelsey Peters in the show Younger and appearing in a few short films. Being released on April 5th, she will star in the psychological thriller The Haunting of Sharon Tate based off of the infamous Manson Family murders. If that isn’t exciting enough, Hilary recently revealed in an interview with Fox News that she’s in talks with Disney about a Lizzie McGuire reboot! 

Source

3. Keke Palmer

Keke, a self-proclaimed “Millennial Diva”, has been very busy since her days on True Jackson VP. Instead of helping Jimmy out in the mail room, she has authored the book “I Don’t Belong to You: Quiet the Noise and Find Your Voice” and released a few songs. Additionally, Keke hosted her own daytime talk show called Just Keke and was the first African American to star as Cinderella on Broadway.

Source

4. Aly and AJ Michalka

First, the Jonas Brothers release a new single, and now Aly and Aj?!

Source

On February 16th the duo tweeted “March = New Era of Aly & AJ”, so keep your ears open for some Spring Break jams. Aside from making music, AJ is starring in her new ABC show Schooled and Aly married director Stephen Ringer in Portofino, Italy. Looks like she finally found somebody who remembered her “stupid birthday”!

Source

5. Brenda Song

Instead of “passing the plate” or hanging out with Zack and Cody, Brenda’s latest endeavor is Secret Obsession : a Netflix movie where she plays a woman brutally attacked and left with amnesia. When she’s not on screen, Brenda does some modeling, posts photos of her babies, and adorably retweets Macaulay Culkin.

Source

6. Raven-Symoné

Raven recently left The View (where she was a full-time panelist) to reassume the character we all know and love for her new show Raven’s Home on the Disney Channel. She has also made appearances on Black-ish and Empire.

Source

7. Tia and Tamera Mowry 

Sister, Sister! Last but not least, everybody’s favorite Twitches. Now Tamera Mowry–Housley, Tamera is the co-host of the multi-racial daytime talk show The Real and proud mother of two kids who she posts frequently about on her website. Tia Mowry-Hardrict is the author of the cookbook Whole New You and recently started her own YouTube channel where she discusses some “quick fixes” and shows off her own adorable kids.

Tasia Wormser

CU Boulder '21

Tasia is currently in her senior year at the University of Colorado Boulder, majoring in Strategic Communications with minors in TAM (Technology, Arts, and Media) and Business. In her free time, she loves scrolling through Pinterest, listening to 6lack, and drinking green tea. ✰
Sko Buffs!