This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

As students, it can be hard to take the time to learn about global events. Here is a quick list of some interesting and important developments in the world!

G-20 Summit

At the G-20 virtual summit, leaders pledged to make sure the COVID-19 vaccine is affordable and accessible to everyone. To find out more visit USN.

Tigray Conflict

Ethiopia’s Tigray conflict started in early November 2020 between Tigray forces and the Ethiopian National Defense Force. Read more about the issue here.

Protests in Guatemala

On November 21 protests erupted in Guatemala after the President, Alejandro Giammatei approved the 2021 budget, reducing funds for education, health and human rights. Read more about this issue here.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo meets with Taliban negotiators

Pompeo met with Taliban negotiators in Doha, Qatar, to discuss violence reduction after a mortar killed at least 8 in Kabul. Read more about this here.

Hurricane Iota hits Nicaragua

Central America has faced unprecedented amounts of natural disasters this storm season, most recently,  Hurricane Iota. For video, click this link.

Every country in the world has news each day. If you can learn about one event in one country, you are already better off!

Emma Rodgers

CU Boulder '22

Currently a junior majoring in International Relations and minoring in Russian studies. When I'm not studying, you can find me in a tent or on a hiking trail!
Sko Buffs!