Style

Valentines Outfits I Dream of Wearing If We Weren’t in a Pandemic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

I don’t know about you, but my Valentine’s Day this year will most definitely consist of me sitting alone, watching sappy movies, and making myself dinner at home. Between being single and there being a pandemic, there’s really no getting around it. With that being said, here are some outfits from my closet that I fantasize about wearing for Valentine’s Day, but will have nowhere to wear them this year.

The classic white long sleeve.

For Valentine’s, you can never go wrong sticking with a dressier white or cream top with a black denim skirt and good shoes. I matched my white mock-neck longsleeved tee with an a-line button up black skirt. This look is completed with a dainty heart necklace, statement earrings, and pink makeup!

Sweater dress season baby!

February can be cold, so the perfect solution for wanting to wear a dress but avoiding freezing is a sweater dress. This is a rose chenille sweater dress from Express that I adore. The color itself is the statement, so light accessories are necessary. I chose black ankle boots, and tights. Jewelry with this look is optional but I would wear a dainty necklace and small earrings

White jeans!

It took me a while to hop on the white jeans trend, but this year I finally purchased the off white distressed mom jeans from American Eagle. Best decision! I paired these with a bright red tank top. I chose to wear black booties to match the black belt. When accessorizing this base look, you have to be careful because the jacket will make or break the look. For mine, I chose a black bell sleeve cardigan.

Fit and flare dress.

This dress style is flirty and fun, always a good choice for Valentine’s Day. I have a white fit and flare from Urban Outfitters that I wear year after year for many different occasions. The wired v neckline and the heart detail in the back make it perfect for a date. I have paired it with an oversized denim jacket and red hightop converse to give it a little edge, but you can dress it up more or less depending on what you’re feeling. Add minimal jewelry to accessorize and you’re set!

Black is a statement.

Wearing black on Valentine’s Day seems wrong, but it actually works. With the right look, you can pull off this statement color! I chose to use a black puff sleeve crop blouse from Urban Outfitters and light wash distressed mom jeans. This on its own is a casual look that you could dress up with a pair of heels, ankle boots, or Chelsea boots. 

On second thought, maybe I’ll dress up for myself this Valentine’s Day. 

Stay safe and wear your masks!

Kaitland is the Social Media Director for the chapter. She is a junior here at CU Boulder, studying Communication with minors in Spanish and Media Studies. Journalism is a fun hobby of hers and her favorite things to write about are: fashion, social issues and lifestyle. On campus, Kaitland is part of CMCI and the Dean Scholars. In Boulder you can find her at your local aesthetic coffee shop, trying out cool new restaurants, and saying hi to the local fauna.
Sko Buffs!