toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Top 10 things to do with your Friends this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

It’s finally October again, and while that may mean it’s time for midterms, that also means it’s time to get spooky! That’s right, Fall is in the air, it’s pumpkin spice season, and you might be wondering what you and your friends can do to start the off the beginning of the holiday season right.

1. Go to a Pumpkin Patch

What is Halloween without going to a pumpkin patch? There’s so much to do besides pick out pumpkins! Most places often have hayrides and games to play too! Plus picking out pumpkins with your besties is great. You can always have a contest to see who can carry the biggest pumpkin.

2. Now that you have your Pumpkin, Carve it

So you found the perfect pumpkin, probably a really cute baby one and a huge one to carve. Get creative, carving pumpkins with your friends is a great bonding experience. You can even try saving and roasting the pumpkin seeds that you take out.

3. Have a Halloween Movie Marathon

Twitches, Halloweentown, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and more. All amazing movies you should binge watch over the weekend.

4. Make some cookies and cider to go with your movie

I mean honestly, how can you not make some fun fall snacks to go with your movie marathon? It’s the beginning of the holiday season, you worked out all summer, so you can treat yourself to a few sweet treats.

5. Have a Fall Photoshoot

Oh Fall, the leaves are changing colors and falling off the trees. Besides a ocean view or a snowy mountain scene, going and taking photos in the Fall easily produces some of the best Instagram pictures around. So head out with your besties and get some awesome pictures before all the leaves are officially gone.

6. Go to a Haunted House

If you and your friends tend to enjoy the spookier side of October and Halloween, then I highly suggest checking out a Haunted House this year. Some of the best Haunted Houses in Colorado are: 13 Floors, The Asylum, Extinction, and Haunted Field of Screams.

7. Wear Matching Halloween Costumes

Halloween and Halloweekend wouldn’t be the same if you didn’t have at least one day where you and all your friends wear matching costumes or go as a group. Whether you dress up as Victoria’s Secret Angels or the dynamic duo, Blair Waldorf and Serena Van der Woodsen, your Halloween will truly be great.

8. Boo at the Zoo

Boo at the Zoo. Oh how the childhood memories come flooding back. Boo at the Zoo is such a fun nighttime activity for you and your friends, and there is not even age limit. You can enjoy Boo at the Zoo no matter how old you are. So be ready to get spooky with the animals and win awesome candy!

9. Glow at the Gardens

Now if you aren’t really about the spooky side of Halloween at night out looking at beautiful lights decorating the Denver Botanical Gardens will definitely be your go to October Activity.

10. Go to a Bonfire

Bonfires, what is better than that on a cool Fall evening? Sitting around spending time with friends, and you might even score a s’more or two.

October is just the start of the holiday season, so you wanna make sure that in the midst of your awful midterms you are taking the time to go out and start those festive activities!

Alexis Morgan

CU Boulder '19

Alexis grew up in Southern Colorado and is a senior this school year. She is majoring in Marketing with an Operations & Information Management Certificate, and a minor in Communications. Currently she is a PINK Campus Representative and a Style Guru with College Fashionista. In her free time you can expect to see her shopping, in a pilates class, or taking a break at the local Starbucks.
Sko Buffs!