diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Tips for the Hot Mess You Know & Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Hey guys…

I just wanted to make light of a recent struggle I’ve been having, that I’m sure many of you can relate to, and that is being the literal definition of a hot mess. I was at that point in the school year where I had no motivation to do anything. Two weeks into the semester I was already struggling to keep up with my school work. I was just constantly stressed out all the time, which made it more difficult to keep up with life. As the days went by, the stress and lack of motivation continued to pile up. One day I realized that it was not going to get easier and that I needed to get my act together.  

Eat, Sleep, Plan, Repeat

I would swear by this! Eating and sleeping is a given, but when it comes to getting your act together, planning is essential. The best way to plan your day out, and figure out what you need to get done is to keep a planner handy. Planners are amazing and super useful when it comes to organizing your life. And if you want to take it to the next level, color code your daily tasks. At the end of the day it feels so satisfying to be able to cross out the tasks you’ve completed.

Do You Even Gym Bro?

No but really, do you work out? If your answer to this question is no, then that should really change. Working out is a really great way to relive stress and improve your physical state of being. You may think that you don’t have time, but really, all it takes is about an hour a day. Exercise is important so you should find a way to make time for it.

Bye, Bye!

Another great way to keep moving forward is to leave the past in the past. If you keep dwelling on that test you failed or that homework you forgot to do, then you’re just going to put more unnecessary stress on yourself. Learn from your mistakes and better yourself for future references.  

Musical Motivation

Sometimes all you need is a little musical motivation. A good song that pushes you to keep going. Personally, one of my go-to motivation songs is “I’m Good” by The Mowgli’s. Definitely recommend this catchy jam.

Talk that Talk

Just like exercising, you may think that you don’t have time to be social and go out because you have so much to do, but it’s important to make the time to hang out with friends. Maintaining some sort of social life is healthy and essential. You need to make time to have fun and relieve stress. Whether it’s going out to grab a bite with a friend or going to a party make sure to make time to socialize.

Life is already stressful enough, although that may not change, the way that you handle the stress is really key. Don’t let the lack of motivation and the stress discourage you from moving forward. Everyone has obstacles in their lives, but YOU CAN DO IT!

CU Boulder CMCI // Public Relations // Fashion Enthusiast // Lover of Chocolate  "Enjoy the little things" 
Caroline grew up on the East Coast, in Maryland, and now calls the Rocky Mountains home. She is a sophomore at the University of Colorado Boulder studying psychology and creative writing. Out of the lecture hall, she teaches vinyasa yoga at the CU Rec Center, enjoys a vegan lifestyle, acts as Recruitment Officer for Buffs for Reproductive Justice, is a member of Alpha Phi - Beta Gamma. You can find more of her journalism work over at TheTab CU Boulder.