Throw the Best Friendsgiving Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

What’s better than Thanksgiving? Friendsgiving! Family is forever, and friends deserve the same priority. Here’s how to plan, execute, and celebrate the best Friendsgiving you’ve ever had.

Eat Up:

Nowadays, there are TONS of diets to cater to.

Here are some vegan options

Here are some vegetarian options

Here are some gluten free options

And some Pinterest ideas (that may or may not burn your house down, proceed with caution):

Gingerbread Bread Pudding

Chocolate Chip Pie

Mashed Potatoes

Apple Crisp

And a classic, with a twist: Stuffing

Let’s Dance:

Check out a Friendsgiving playlist on Spotify: spotify:user:1239886985:playlist:0BHJTK09702oldoFnRdO3I

Top 5:

• 17 by Youth Lagoon

• My Friends by Laura Marling

• We’re Going To Be Friends by The White Stripes

• Dancing Queen by ABBA

• Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks

Play around, because we’re never too old:

Never Have I Ever (play with this special holiday drink)

The Gratitude Game – go around in a circle, rapid fire style, and list one thing you’re grateful for, if someone repeats something, they drink.

Color inside (or outside) the lines with these fun coloring pages

And if all else fails, Cards Against Humanity is always a blast. Or try out “Whos Most Likely To” from Urban Outfitters.

And the decorations, because atmosphere is everything:

Etsy has these awesome gold balloons

Or this cute tassel garland, here!

Add some light with this strand of bulbs from UO:

Don’t forget to buy some confetti or crackers, like these confetti poppers from Free People.

And spread the holiday love with these sparklers from Free People!

Happy Thanksgiving, Buffs!

Caroline grew up on the East Coast, in Maryland, and now calls the Rocky Mountains home. She is a sophomore at the University of Colorado Boulder studying psychology and creative writing. Out of the lecture hall, she teaches vinyasa yoga at the CU Rec Center, enjoys a vegan lifestyle, acts as Recruitment Officer for Buffs for Reproductive Justice, is a member of Alpha Phi - Beta Gamma. You can find more of her journalism work over at TheTab CU Boulder.
Sko Buffs!