Stay Spooky Halloween Hub 2019 Rep Images 1png?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Stay Spooky Halloween Hub 2019 Rep Images 1png?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Pinterest
Style

The Three C’s: Your Guide to Cute, Creative, and Cheap Halloween Costumes for Halloween 2020.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Spooky season is back and with it comes every female’s October struggle, finding the perfect Halloween costume. From trying to be something innovative and new to ending up just going as a cheerleader for the third year in a row (no like for real I have done this), finding a costume is always such a process. But do not stress, your saviors are here. Below is a list of cute, cheap, and creative costumes every college student will be dying to try.

Audrey Hepburn

“Breakfast at Tiffany’s”, well more like McDonald’s cause college students are balling on a budget but, you get the idea. Audrey Hepburn’s iconic look is both comfortable and cute. By combining the oversized button-up shirt, the eye mask, and the jewelry, you are destined to be showered with compliments this Halloween, and maybe you will even meet your Paul Varjak. 

Tinkerbell

Faith, trust, and pixie-dust, this iconic childhood costume can be taken up a notch with the addition of a cute and sparkly green skirt paired with a white crop top and some wings. This costume is both cheap and cute, placing an iconic twist on a beloved character. Have a significant other? Add a Peter Pan costume in the mix for even more fun!

Dorothy Gale

As you walk down the yellow brick road this Halloween, do not forget your dog or your sparkly red shoes. Dorothy is a very easy costume to put your own taste into. More of a pants person? Look for blue and white gingham pants and style them with a white tank top and some red shoes! Feeling like dressing up? A cute, strappy gingham dress placed on top of a white long sleeve is both comfy and cute. The ability to style Dorothy however you want is perfect for an unpredictable, pandemic-style Halloween.

Cher Horowitz

Going as anything other than Cher this Halloween? Ugh, as if! The iconic character from “Clueless” and her classic yellow plaid blazer and matching skirt look is the perfect DIY costume for this Halloween. The plaid set can be found on sites such as Shein, Amazon and Princess Polly while the tank top underneath as well as the socks and shoes can be found probably in your closet. Have a bestie you want to match costumes with? Dionne is a perfect add on to leave your audience totally buggin’. 

The Cast of Money Heist

A political statement, but make it fashion. The cast of money heist serves looks in every episode with their bright red jumpsuit and Salvador Dali mask. The costume signifies resistance, worn in the television series by those rejecting and overthrowing the government. Whether you turn it into a group costume or rock it solo, the money heist costume is both simple and comfortable, a costume that will have you standing out this Halloween.

From Grease Lightning to Britney Bitch, the options for costumes this year are unlimited. Whether you want to rock out in a dress in heels or kick back in sweats and a t-shirt the options are all there. Whatever spooktacular costume you choose, add some spice to it with a themed mask (cause we are still in a pandemic, duh!). May your costume this year be fabulous and your Halloween as scary as Gauchos with long tank tops.

Kristen Young

CU Boulder '24

Kristen Young is currently a junior at the University of Colorado Boulder studying strategic communications, on the public relations track, and minoring in both political science and business. She is originally from Minneapolis, Minnesota where she attended Wayzata High School. Alongside her academic career at the university, she currently works for the League of Women Voters and serves as the Panhellenic Delegate of the Alpha Chi Omega Nu Chapter. Through these experiences, she has learned organizational, communication, leadership, and time management skills.
Sko Buffs!