Wellness

The Ultimate Skincare Routine As A CU Boulder Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Ever since I started puberty, I have had a love-hate relationship with my skin. I love my freckles and rosy red cheeks, but I also battle acne, oiliness, and dryness. On top of that, the Colorado air – notorious for its lack of humidity and freezing temperatures – gives my skin no mercy.

Recently I have felt self conscious about my large pores on my chin and nose, and my ongoing acne battle. However, after incorporating Estée Lauder’s Nutritious Skincare collection into my skincare routine for only a week, I have already seen significant improvement in my skin. Check out what I do as a CU Boulder student to take care of my skin!

2-in-1 Foam Cleanser 

The first step of my skincare routine is washing my face with the Estée Lauder 2-in-1 Foam Cleanse. This daily cleanser is nutrient rich and removes excess oil and impurities while minimizing the look of pores. The instructions say to use this cleanser in the morning and at night, but because of my oily skin, I occasionally wash my face in the afternoon as well. Although I haven’t tried this yet, this face wash can also be used as a weekly purifying mask. All you have to do is massage a thin layer onto skin, focus on T-zone, leave on for one minute, and rinse! I love this face wash because it removes any oil or excess makeup from my face and left my skin feeling tight, oil free, and cleansed. 

Washing my face with the 2-in-1 Foam Cleanser

Ice

After I wash my face I like to take an ice cube over my skin – especially over larger pimples and redder patches. This helps me reduce any swelling and makes my skin feel very clean and fresh.

Popping My Whiteheads

If needed, the next step of my skin care routine is popping any whiteheads. I then reapply ice and dab dry with a towel. 

Before I starting incorporating Estée Lauder’s Nutritious Skincare collection into my skincare routine

Nutritious Melting Soft Creme/ Mask

Once my face is cleansed and iced, I apply a generous layer of unscented lotion on my face and neck. The Estée Lauder Nutritious Melting Soft Creme / Mask is a nutrient rich hydrating moisturizer that calms, hydrates, and strengthens skin barrier. I really like this product because it helps reduce the burning and peeling on my face from the extreme Colorado air without increasing the oiliness of my skin. You can also use this product as a weekly leave on mask which you can tissue off after 5 minutes. After one application, my skin texture looks refined, my post-acne marks are reduced, and my pores appear minimized!

One week into using Estée Lauder’s Nutritious Skincare collection

Serum + Moisterizer

The final step of my skincare routine is applying serum and moisturizer for an extra layer of hydration. The Radiant Essence Lotion from Estée Lauder’s Nutritious Skincare collection is a great choice to add to your skincare routine, as it’s a nutrient-rich hydrating infusion that minimizes the look of pores and helps prevent redness and excess oil. If I am planning to be outside, I will substitute toner with sunscreen lotion, especially because of how harsh the sun is in Colorado. 

With the combination of Colorado’s dry, cold, and harsh climate as well as my face’s inability to decide between oiliness and dryness, my skin is more often than not one of my greatest insecurities. This being said, by incorporating both the 2-in-1 Foam Cleanser and Nutritious Melting Soft Creme/ Mask from Estée Lauder’s Nutritious Skincare collection into my skincare routine, I have seen a decrease in oiliness, pore visibility, and a quicker post-acne mark healing time. Having perfect skin is going to take longer than a week, but I think with the help of Estée Lauder, I might just be able to feel more confident in my own skin. 

This is a sponsored article. All opinions are 100% my own.

Lanaya Oliver

CU Boulder '24

Lanaya Oliver is the Editor-in-Chief and a contributing writer at the Her Campus Chapter at the University of Colorado at Boulder. As Editor-in-Chief, she oversees a team of editors, is the lead publisher and editor, and works as a campus corespondent. Outside of Her Campus, Lanaya is a senior at the University of Colorado Boulder. She is double majoring in both Psychology and Spanish with a minor in Sports Media. Her writing career started in high school when she was elected the position of school wide poet laureate after winning a poetry contest in her sophomore year. Now Lanaya’s writing has evolved from creative pieces to profiles and articles for her Her Campus articles. In her personal life, Lanaya is an ACE certified personal trainer and teaches both cycle and barre classes. Fitness is her passion and more often than not she can be found lifting weights, riding a bike, or running. She also enjoys being outdoors, binge watching movies, spending time with friends, thrift shopping, and munching on any white cheddar flavored snack she can find. Lanaya hopes to find a balance between her love for writing and her dreams of working in the fitness industry in her future career.