Godzilla v Kong: Picture 4
Godzilla v Kong: Picture 4
Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures
Wellness > Health

The Ultimate Pump Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Music can make or break your workout. A killer playlist, fully charged headphones, and the volume turned all the way up is my favorite form of pre-workout. Even though my fitness playlist has evolved from 2018 Drake to Doja Cat to transformer noises, these songs never fail to get me motivated and reach new fitness goals. 

Anadrol – Yosuf

I have to give my brother full credit for introducing me to this absolute godsend of a workout song. With Ronnie Coleman screaming “LIGHT WEIGHT” in my ears throughout the song, I can’t help but breathe through the pain and add more weight to my workout. Check out more of Yosuf‘s remixes for more workout inspiration.

Shots – LMFAO, Lil Jon

I rediscovered this 2010s classic while reminiscing about my middle school days; and holy cow is this an adrenaline boosting bop. This is a fan favorite when I teach cycle classes. 

EMOTIONAL MASOCHIST – Kent Osborne

When I first heard this song I was sick in bed, so I couldn’t skip it any faster. But when it popped up again while in the gym, I understood the hype. Give it a listen for an ultimate energy boost.

200 Beathoven – Sub Zero Project

For all my classic music fans, this song is a hard-style remix of one of Beethoven’s most famous symphonies. For a little over a minute these intense sirens explode my eardrums and make me feel stronger than ever. 

YuNg BrAtZ – XXXTENTACION 

X has a very unique music style and “YuNg BrAtZ” is no exception. It’s quick paced, full of aggressive vocals, features loud instruments, and is ultimately my ideal workout song. Rest in peace XXXtentacion; thanks for the great music. 

PART OF ME HARDSTYLE (SPED UP) – SICK CVNT, SPED UP SICK CVNT, HARDSTYLE BRAH

Anyone who likes Katy Perry should enjoy this remix of “Part of Me”. Great for maxing out on bench press, sprinting on the treadmill, or even holding a plank, I see absolutely no faults in this bop. 

Rip Your Heart Out (feat. Tech N9ne) – Hopsin 

Four minutes of heavy metal and rap is the fastest way to wake yourself up. This song is absolutely amazing and I will never stop recommending it. 

Astronomia – Vicetone, Tony Igy

A more well-known remix, “Astronomia” is a classic workout song. Although it’s probably best for cardio, unless you are a robot-noise-music-fan like me, my heart rate instantly increases when playing this song. Talk about a serotonin boost. 

Medusa – GRiZ, Wreckno

For all my girl bosses out there, “Medusa” is the workout song for you. This is my go-to song when I sprint on the treadmill (this summer I could run a mile in less than 7 minutes) because the lyrics help me push just a little harder. 

Take A Step Back – Ski Mask The Slump God, XXXTENTACION

No workout is complete without playing “Take A Step Back” at least once. I especially love the use of colorful language – perfect for an angry workout – and the straight up yelling. Nothing screams adrenaline rush like intense bass and a Ski Mask and X collab. 

High You Are (Branchez Remix) – What So Not, Branchez

If the other songs in this article seem too intense for you, then I highly recommend giving this remix  a listen. This is one of the few songs on this list I can listen to outside of the gym without feeling like I’m in an auditory moshpit. 

Dance (A$$) – Big Sean

It’s all in the name: this song is made for leg day. Whether I’m doing hip thrusts, RDLs, or Bulgarian split squats, Big Sean is always there to guide me. And besides, everyone loves a good booty pump.

Although too aggressive, loud, and angry for most, these songs never fail to help me finish one more rep, add weight to the bar, or sprint faster than I thought was possible. Give these songs a listen in the gym and I promise they will make your heart pound fast and help with those gains.

Lanaya Oliver

CU Boulder '24

Lanaya Oliver is the Editor-in-Chief and a contributing writer at the Her Campus Chapter at the University of Colorado at Boulder. As Editor-in-Chief, she oversees a team of editors, is the lead publisher and editor, and works as a campus corespondent. Outside of Her Campus, Lanaya is a senior at the University of Colorado Boulder. She is double majoring in both Psychology and Spanish with a minor in Sports Media. Her writing career started in high school when she was elected the position of school wide poet laureate after winning a poetry contest in her sophomore year. Now Lanaya’s writing has evolved from creative pieces to profiles and articles for her Her Campus articles. In her personal life, Lanaya is an ACE certified personal trainer and teaches both cycle and barre classes. Fitness is her passion and more often than not she can be found lifting weights, riding a bike, or running. She also enjoys being outdoors, binge watching movies, spending time with friends, thrift shopping, and munching on any white cheddar flavored snack she can find. Lanaya hopes to find a balance between her love for writing and her dreams of working in the fitness industry in her future career.