The Ultimate College Girl Gift Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

The holiday season is arguably one of the most stressful times of the year. Between end of the year deadlines and scrambling to find all of your loved ones’ holiday gifts, it can feel extremely overwhelming. If you are lost and don’t know what to get for your favorite college girl, this is the place for you! Here are store and product recommendations from a college girl herself.

1. Ugg

Trust me when I tell you that you can never go wrong with gifting a pair of Uggs. They come in all kinds of shapes and sizes, so you’re guaranteed to find some that match the lady that you’re looking for. My personal favorites are the Tasman Slippers or Classic Ultra Mini Platform Boots. Both of these styles have gone viral on Instagram and Tiktok because they are insanely comfy and also super cute. People dress them up and also dress them down. Ugg also offers a wide range of other products such as blankets, bedding, apparel, and gifts for him or her. If you have a higher budget, Ugg is a great place to look.

1. Sol De Janiero

Sol De Janiero is another brand that went viral on social media because of their amazing body mists and other self care products. One of my personal favorites is their Sol Cheirosa ‘62 perfume. It smells amazing like salted caramel, vanilla bean, and rich almond. It lasts for hours, and not to mention the bottle itself is adorable. My other favorite scent is their After Hours body mist. This scent makes me feel so confident and I always get compliments when I wear it. They also have tons of other products like shampoo and conditioner, their signature lotion Brazilian Bum Bum Cream, and so many bundles to choose from. If you want to try before you buy, Sol De Janiero is sold in-store at Sephora. You can’t go wrong with any of their products.

1. Anthropologie

Anthropologie is a great store to find all kinds of gifts. They carry such a wide variety of products that they certainly have something for everyone. Their clothes are super stylish and are perfect staple wardrobe pieces. However, their home products stand out. Anthropologie candles have become wildly popular because of their uniqueness. One of my favorites is the candle that comes with a snow globe on top, with your initial in it. That would make such a great personal gift. They offer such a wide selection and they are beautifully made. I recommend that you check out their Gifts for Everyone page on their website because they offer a ‘gifts by price’ section, which is helpful if you are working within a budget. Trust me when I say that college girls love Anthropologie and would seriously appreciate any kind of gift from there. 

1. Lululemon

What would a college girl gift guide be without some lululemon? I’m sure you’ve heard the deal by now about why girls love this brand so much. Despite the fact that it is very pricey, the quality of clothing is unmatched and they have something for everyone. You could never go wrong with gifting a pair of Black Align Leggings or their High-Rise Flared Pant. But if you’re looking for something different, they have so many other options. A few notable options are their Softstreme High-Rise Pant paired with the Softstreme Perfectly Oversized Cropped Crew to make a matching set. A new pair of shorts or a sports bra is always a good option too. 

The list could go on and on for all of the different clothing store options that a girl would love. If you’re looking for more inspiration, try checking out Free People, Abercrombie, Garage, Aritzia, Madhappy, Cotton On, and Princess Polly. All of these stores are super trendy and have great choices for basics or statement pieces. 

@mae.shells

the cutest set 🫶🏻 Chill fit. Happy New Year my loves!! #lululemon #softstreme #whiteopal

♬ original sound – spedupsongsnlyrics
  1. Skin Care

When looking to gift skin care products, it is super personal to the person you are buying for. Not everything works for everyone. I recommend trying to try and find out what your girls’ favorite skin care brand is but if you’re having trouble with that, here are some popular brands. 

Drunk Elephant is a super popular, but expensive skincare brand. Their D-Bronzi Sunshine Drops, which give a gorgeous glow to your skin when mixed with moisturizer, are a hot commodity and well-loved by all girls on social media. They are most commonly mixed with the Protini Polypeptide Cream, which is Drunk Elephant’s viral moisturizer. Drunk Elephant offers lots of gift sets if you’re not sure where to start. 

The Ordinary is another brand that carries all kinds of skincare products at a lower price. Their website allows you to ‘shop by step’ and shows you which products are meant for what step and their purposes. This is super helpful for someone who is just starting out, or if you’re buying for someone else. 

If you have a hard time choosing one brand especially when it comes to buying for someone else, Sephora has a whole webpage dedicated to popular products featuring a variety of brands. They also offer individual products or gift sets. 

1. Jewelry

Jewelry is always a great go-to gift option. It’s important to know who you’re shopping for when you take this route. Notice if the girl you’re shopping for tends to wear silver or gold jewelry since not everyone wears both. Doing this will ensure that they love the piece you get for them and add it to their everyday collection. There are so many great places to shop jewelry that have varying price points. 

A personal favorite of mine is Kendra Scott. Everyone knows their classic Elisa Necklace which has been popular for years, but they offer so many other styles that are equally as perfect for gifts. If you’re looking to get something more personal, try their Letter Pendant Necklace. Kendra Scott has so many other kinds of jewelry like beautiful rings, unique earrings, bracelets, and even fragrances. It is such a great place to shop.

JacqMaria is a great place to shop jewelry. Most of their pieces come in gold, so keep that in mind for whoever you are shopping for. All of their pieces stand out but their earrings are the most notable. They are waterproof and in my experience, they do not tarnish at all. The quality is great and I highly recommend shopping from here. The pieces are all unique and would make great gifts.

1. Headphones

One of the best parts about being a girl is going on a hot girl walk with your favorite headphones on, listening to music or your favorite podcast. Over the ear headphones are an essential to being a college student. They help block out noise, people, and help you focus on whatever you need to get done. Not to mention they’re also nice to have around when you want to relax and be in your own world. There are so many great headphone options out there. Some of these include the Apple Airpods Max, which are offered in five colors and have gained lots of popularity online, Beats Studio Pro, Sony, and so much more. All of these are great options but it’s important you do research to find what fits your needs the best.

The list could go on and on forever about things that a college girl could want for the holidays. No matter what your budget is or who you are shopping for, the most important thing is to be thoughtful. I think I speak for the majority when I say that thoughtful gifts are always the best, no matter how much money you spend. Happy shopping!

Katie Baxter

CU Boulder '26

Katie Baxter is a contributing writer and member of the social media team for Her Campus at the University of Colorado-Boulder chapter. She is a sophomore studying Strategic Communications and minoring in Business. She loves to keep up with and write about trends, sports, pop culture, and more. She will often write about her own experiences tied in with topics that fascinate her. Katie has always loved to write for fun, but has never gained any professional writing experience. She is looking to gain experience from Her Campus both in her writing and social media talents. Social media is something she has always been interested in, and potentially wants to continue working with it in the future. She loves to stay busy and is always thinking of new articles to pitch! When Katie is not writing or doing school work, you will oftentimes find her spending time with her roommates and friends. She is a Colorado native and loves watching/ playing sports, going to see the newest movie, or finding a new restaurant and places to shop! She is not a big coffee lover, but she absolutely loves chai and is on the hunt to find the best one in all of Boulder.