Anna Schultz-Friends Cuddling In Holiday Pajamas
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

The Perfect Playlist For Your Holiday Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Deck the halls with boughs of holly, cause Santa’s comin’ to town! ‘Tis the season for eggnog lattes, sugar cookies, peppermint sticks, and if you’re lucky, mistletoe (jk, jk, your beloved author is very single). With all this festive cheer, there is no better time to be the perfect party host and throw a get-together for your small (or big!) group of closest friends. Whether you’re preparing for a hot-girl movie night (“Elf” anyone?) or a fancy occasion worthy of a Meg Ryan movie, we’ve got you covered with a holiday playlist that’ll knock your fuzzy socks off.

1. “White Christmas” – Frank Sinatra: Let’s start with a classic, shall we?

2. “Deck The Halls” – Nat King Cole: Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la. I counted those for accuracy, I promise.

3. “I’ll Be Home For Christmas” – Kacey Musgraves and Lana Del Rey: Go on. Cry. I am.

4. “That Holiday Feelin’” – Mr & Mrs: Live out your “Dash and Lily” aesthetic.

5. “Pennies From Heaven” – Louis Prima: This isn’t a Christmas song, but it’s in “Elf” so…

6. “Last Christmas” – Ariana Grande: An underappreciated queen of holiday music.

7. “Man With The Bag” – Jessie J: This is an underrated modern classic. No one can tell me otherwise.

8. “Last Christmas” – Wham!: The ’80s had great Christmas music…

9.” Santa Tell Me” – Ariana Grande: I associate this song with wandering around a shopping mall…the good ol’ days.

10. “Mistletoe” – Justin Bieber: And this one gives me “I’m walking around Kohl’s” energy.

11. “Jingle Bell Rock” – Bobby Helms: Fun fact (actually really sad fact): my gym teacher made all the middle school girls perform the “Mean Girls” routine to this song for the “dance” unit.

12. “Underneath the Tree” – Kelly Clarkson: Gosh, I can’t hear this and not think of TikTok…

13. “Please Come Home for Christmas” – Eagles: The sexiest holiday song to ever exist. #changemymind.

14. “Wonderful Christmastime” – Paul McCartney: Best listened to with a peppermint cocktail in hand.

15. “Blue Christmas” – Elvis Presley: Go ahead. Cry. I dare you.

16. “Run Rudolph Run” – Chuck Berry: For running through DIA with an overstuffed backpack and overflowing hydroflask.

17. “Like It’s Christmas” – Jonas Brothers: Nobody does modern Christmas Pop like the Jo Bros.

18. “Silver Bells” – Burl Ives: The Rudolph TV special is elite.

19. “Winter Wonderland” – Ella Fitzgerald: Smooth as a chilled glass of eggnog.

20. “Santa Baby” – Ariana Grande: The cutest version of this Christmas classic.

21. “The Christmas Song” – Nat King Cole: My absolute favorite Christmas song ever. I cry every time.

22. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” – Phoebe Bridgers: If this doesn’t get you in your feels, what does?

23. “25th of the 12th” – Bill Compton: As heard in “The Queen’s Gambit”.

24. “Feeling of Christmas” – Emelie Hollow: Single tear…

25. “Christmas Eve” – Kelly Clarkson: A new holiday hit. Kelly owns Christmas at this point.

26. “Auld Lang Syne” – Guy Lombardo: Kiss your special someone and quote “When Harry Met Sally”.

27. “Busy Guy” – Hans Zimmer: The Holiday is the sappiest movie ever…so why do I love it?

28. “Love Is Here to Stay” – Harry Connick Jr.: Not a holiday song, but it gives cutting-down-a-Christmas-tree energy.

29. “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” – Brenda Lee: Cue running around the house like Macaulay Culkin.

30. “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas” – Michael Buble: The reigning living king of Christmas.

31. “Santa Baby” – Eartha Kitt: The weirdest sexy Christmas song ever.

32. “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch” – Lindsey Stirling, Sabrina Carpenter: Watch the music video.

33. “Little Saint Nick” – The Beach Boys: This is annoyingly, addictively good. Like Laughing Goat lattes.

34. “Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow” – Dean Martin: It’s just…a classic.

35. “Christmas Time Is Here” – Vince Guaraldi Trio: I have to ask, when kids of the future don’t have cable, will everyone please keep showing their kids Charlie Brown?

36. “Happy Xmas (War Is Over)” – John Lennon: Yoko is very lucky to have gotten a credit on this…Wikipedia the song at your own peril.

37. “All I Want for Christmas Is You” – Mariah Carey: This needs no introduction.

38. “Winter Wonderland / Here Comes Santa Claus” – Snoop Dogg, Anna Kendrick: I say I love this “ironically,” but who am I kidding?

39. “All Alone On Christmas” – Darlene Love: This is my official “I’m single” holiday anthem.

40. “Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane)” – Jan Garber & His Orchestra: For making fancy drinks.

We’re going to have the hap-happiest season of all, ladies. Happy listening to all and to all a good night!

Hannah is a freshman at the College of Arts and Sciences. When she's not writing music or reading Jane Austen, she's likely having a Harry Potter movie marathon, hiking up the side of a mountain, or thrifting at Goodwill.