This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

There’s something about studying in the comfort of your own home that turns into doing anything but studying. It’s so easy to get distracted. A change of scenery is a quick fix for this. Since CU is such a beautiful campus, you can guarantee it has its fair share of spots for you to study.

For those who love being indoors:

Roser Atlas

This study spot is my personal favorite. The vibes are just right because it’s not too quiet or stiff but it’s also not loud, meaning if you like this balance you’ll get all your work done. Along with the proper vibes comes Pekoe, my favorite coffee shop. I love sitting down with a fun beverage and cramming here. If you get bored of the dining area, it offers many little nooks and crannies with charging ports.

Wolf Law Library

I’ll admit it. In a distant world, I was a part of the hate Norlin club. I found myself inspired at the law library because the concept of working around grad students motivated me to do my work. It’s a very serene place that screams dark academia, and I’m here for it.

Norlin Library 

But alas, I did it. I fell in love with Norlin. It became the place I go to where I need to get some serious work done. What I love the most about it is that there are a variety of locations to study within it and if you get tired of all of them, you can even head to Norlin quad. My roommate Genna does a wonderful job at explaining all of your Norlin options here.

The UMC

Do we all go here? Yes. Am I still including it? Yes. The UMC is a classic. With a Starbucks, many tables, benches, The Connection, and HCCU office hours, you can’t really go wrong. 

The Will Vill Center

This study spot also has the Williams Village Market (it offers Starbucks drinks) in case you need sustenance while studying. It is surprisingly quiet, and not being on main campus means you are less likely to get distracted. If you do however find that you can no longer be indoors, it has a large field behind it that is also a lovely study spot.

For those fond of fresh air:

Old Main

If large fields are much more your speed, Old Main is your spot. It has some cool old benches, eerily green grass, and is in a pretty secluded part of campus. It also has lots of shade and makes for a perfect study spot on a nice day.

Varsity Lake

Nearly on the edge of campus, this beautiful spot makes for a wonderful spot to get your learning on. There are always birds and fish that make it feel like it’s fun to study, and it’s near the edge of campus so you’re also not likely to get distracted by others. 

Farrand Field

If you do want to be in the company of others, Farrand is your place. There’s always something happening, and sometimes that’s the motivation you need to get your work done. It’s also my favorite place for group studying.

Sewall Beach

While there’s not a lot to this one, I find that this is a great place to study. It offers some sturdy trees, guaranteed puppy interactions, and quiet studying. Sewall also has a market in case you find yourself needing a study break. 

Kittredge Village Pond

Lastly, we have the Kittredge Village Pond. This one offers the company of ducks. While I think that’s enough said, I will add that there’s a market with tables nearby, and it’s located near Wolf Law. 

The truth of the matter is that studying can suck. Having a spot that you love, however, can make it a bit less tedious.

Noelia Salazar

CU Boulder '23

Noelia is majoring in international affairs with a minor in communications. She is passionate about social change and bringing light to topics not talked about enough. She loves books, makeup, and coffee. In her free time, she's probably rewatching Gilmore Girls.