This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Getting older has made us reminisce on our childhoods, more specifically, the shows that we grew up watching. 

1. “Avatar the Last Airbender” 

When Netflix put this show on its service, it took the internet by storm and caused so many people to fall in love with the Gaang. It’s definitely one of my favorite shows from the early 2000s (I even have an Appa plushie). 

Avatar The Last Airbender GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
  1. “H2O: Just Add Water” 

I’m sure you’ve heard the famous “Naurr” (which is just ‘no’ in an Australian accent) audio on TikTok, but the original sound comes from this iconic 2006 series. If you didn’t pretend to be a mermaid and have the powers of Rikki, Emma, or Cleo, you didn’t play mermaids right.  

1. “Ben 10” 

If you never pretended to slam your Omnitrix to change into Four Arms or Cannonball, you haven’t lived. The aliens that Ben can change into from when he was a kid to a teenager only got better, and so did the villains (Any Gwevin shippers out here?) 

1. “Teen Titans” 

Since Cartoon Network rebooted “Teen Titans,” many people know of the colorful “Teen Titans Go” series. However, this one is an ode to my OGs who watched “Teen Titians” when it aired between 2003–2006. This show is still one of my favorites; I even went as Raven for Halloween this year. 

1. “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody”

An iconic cast including Cole Sprouse, Ashley Tisdale, and Brenda Song can’t be beat. Not to mention the pure, unadulterated comedy these writers eloquently invented for our early 2000s minds. Honestly, my life would not be the same without this show to characterize my personality.

Zack GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
  1. “Phineas and Ferb”

Need we even add commentary? I was Candice one year for Halloween and took the big sister trip a little too far by attempting to get my own little brother in trouble to no avail. #mamasboy.

1. “Good Luck Charlie”

If you didn’t have a crush on Gabe Duncan, don’t talk to me. He was the dreamy, bad boy of my second-grade love life. No man or woman has ever met the steamy standards he set for me.

Good Luck Charlie Idk GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

If we wanted to talk about all of the other iconic 2000s shows, such as “Jessie,” “Mako Mermaids,” etc., we’d be here all day and night, but these childhood shows were the most memorable and some of our personal favorites.

Eera Vedavyas

CU Boulder '26

Eera Vedavyas is an editor and contributing writer at the Her Campus Chapter at the University of Colorado Boulder. Beyond Her Campus, Eera is a sophomore at CU Boulder studying Psychology with a minor in Business. Their writing journey began in middle school after being inspired to write a novel. Now, her writing experience has evolved too poetry, journalistic writing, and is currently editing her first novel that she hopes to publish one day. In their free time, they enjoy reading, learning how to cook, discovering new music, playing video games, and exploring new places.
Kate Paxton

CU Boulder '26

Kate Paxton is a writer and member of Her Campus Colorado University Boulder. She writes articles covering a variety of topics like wellness, college life, and films. Previously, she was an editor for her high school's newspaper The Mustang, where she oversaw the comedy section and contributed articles. She is currently a sophomore at CU Boulder, majoring in psychology with a pre-health emphasis. In her free time, she enjoys spending quality time with friends and family, binge watching sitcoms, and therapeutically cleaning her room.