Study Break Zodiac Sign?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Study Break Zodiac Sign?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media
Life > Experiences

The Astrological Placements I’m Most Attracted To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Astrology isn’t for everybody, but I love learning about the aspects of each individual sign and what makes them unique. Remember, there is no such thing as a “good” sign or a “bad” sign! Everyone is special in their own way, including the way they perceive each sign based on their own chart.

Reading Sign GIF by Sanctuary - Find & Share on GIPHY

In astrology, your sun sign determines your “role” in life, as well as your identity and ego; this is the sign you’re probably most familiar with and is the core of who you are. Your rising sign (or ascendant) is the way you present yourself to others, especially when first meeting someone and in your personal style. Lastly, your moon sign rules your feelings, moods, and emotions, and it is the sign you probably relate with most since it is a reflection of your personality when you are alone or at your maximum level of comfort.

Here is my favorite sun sign, rising sign, and moon sign as a Pisces sun, Virgo rising, and Taurus moon.

*Side note: you may not identify with the description of your sign, but not all aspects may apply! Take what resonates with you and go from there; I do the same.*

My favorite sun placement

My Pisces sun is a water placement, and I find myself being fundamentally intuitive yet almost daydreamy as I have a vast imagination that allows me to have a strong sense of empathy and understanding. However, I recognize that once I am offended or irritated that I am no longer as empathetic and become disinterested in reconciliation. Water and earth placements are most compatible compared with water placements and fire or air placements, and this remains true for me as my favorite sun sign is Capricorn.

Capricorn sun placements are fundamentally rational people with a great sense of efficiency and responsibility. They have a strong ambition that drives them to develop a great work ethic leading to success while also driving them to be some of the best emotional cheerleaders for the people they care about. This passion for success can cause Capricorn suns to have some emotional reservations, and they may need to relearn how to express those emotions and have fun.

What does this mean? My Pisces sun and a Capricorn sun, while different, compliment each other. The realistic, material outlook of the Capricorn sun can help me to be able to define my own boundaries and develop stability while I help them expand their imagination.

my favorite rising placement

My Virgo ascendant is an earth placement; again, this means that my rising sign is most compatible with other earth risings or water risings. As a Virgo rising, the way I present myself to others is precise, diligent, and organized. This also means I can become too attached to work and details (very true) which can make me appear a little boring. The opposite of boring is exciting, which is why Scorpio is my favorite rising sign.

I need a little spice in my life! The attributes of my Virgo rising are definitely applicable in my life, including appearing a little boring at times. The Scorpio rising placement is a passionate yet strategic one, and people with this rising placement are incredibly perceptive and they move forward with tasks with great tenacity. They come off as intimidating and powerful individuals, but need to be aware of their actions so that they are not regarded as aggressive or malicious.

What does this mean? The relationship between a Virgo ascendant and a Scorpio ascendant is one filled with great communication. The Scorpio ascendant helps the Virgo ascendant to open up and express their feelings without forethought; on the other hand, a Virgo rising teaches the Scorpio rising better control and logic.

My favorite moon placement

My Taurus moon, another earth placement, is the final placement I’ll be discussing (for now…) and again most compatible with other moons in earth and water placements. I have a very romantic, sentimental, and emotional sense of self, and I am super loyal to my loved ones. Within those relationships, I spend a lot of energy trying to maintain stability and security. There are times when I can feel powerless and overwhelmed in emotionally taxing situations, but I am almost always able to clear my head so that I can proceed in a practical and sensible manner in which I am not approaching things from an overly emotional perspective.

A wildly similar moon placement that I love is the Cancer moon. People with the Cancer moon placement have a sensitive emotional self and are very thoughtful and empathetic. They may not like to admit it, but they tend to play the martyr due to the fear of abandonment by the people they love. The moon is also at home in the sign of Cancer, and individuals with Cancer moons are blessed with the innate gift of having a nurturing personality. However, like the Taurus’s stubbornness, the Cancer moon individual can struggle with just letting things go.

What does this mean? Simply put, a Cancer moon and my Taurus moon would be able to instinctively empathize with one another’s moods and emotions. Who doesn’t like to be completely understood, especially regarding the intricacies of our own feelings?

if you want to learn more:

Again, I love learning about astrology. Much of my knowledge comes from perusing the Co-Star app/website and the Astro Future app, reading “The Astrology of You and Me,” and being an active follower of Milkstrology’s Twitter account. I am also lucky enough to know someone who offers personalized astrology readings and holds workshops that I find really interesting. She’s currently offering a workshop that dives into how the four elements of astrology impact our lives, and you can register for that here if you are interested or check out the rest of her website or Instagram!

Anna Simoes

CU Boulder '23

Anna is a senior at CU as a Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences major along with a Spanish minor. She is from the Bay Area in California and loves to attend concerts and go to the beach in her free time! When it's snowy in CO, she spends time with her cat, Ren. :)