Starbucks’ Caramel Apple Spice Copycat Recipe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

It’s no lie that apple cider is my favorite type of beverage. I love all types of apple cider, caramel apple cider, spiced apple cider, regular apple cider, or any other version. With fall upon us, I’m always looking to get my apple cider fix. Recently, I was reminded about how much I love Starbucks’ Caramel Apple Spice. (I get it almost every day without fail!)

HelloConfidence

When I learned that Starbucks’ apple cider base for Caramel Apple Spice is pretty much just hot apple juice, I wanted to figure out how to make it at home so I could get the same quality of apple cider but for so much cheaper! After a lot of trial and error I can say with confidence that I have found my new favorite apple cider recipe for these cold months.

PrettyProvidence

The secret to making a Caramel Apple Spice at home is getting your hands on Starbucks’ cinnamon dolce syrup. I learned you can buy it at Starbucks (not the one on campus or the one off of Baseline and Broadway, but always at the Target on 29th Street) for around $15. 

Google

Now for the actual recipe, so you all can replicate it and have the best apple cider on a cold winter day!

Ingredients:

2 cups of apple juice (I use TreeTop)

2 Tbsp. cinnamon dolce syrup

Caramel drizzle

Whipped cream

Instructions:

1. Combine the apple juice and cinnamon dolce syrup.

2. Heat in a saucepan on the stove, or microwave for 2-2.5 minutes. (P.S. don’t play with the pan while making this because when you spill it like I did, it will make your entire apartment/house smell like burnt marshmallows…)

3. Pour into your mug/travel cup and top with whipped cream and caramel, or however you would like.

FavoriteFamilyRecipes

I hope you all like this recipe as much as I do. Stay warm Buffs!!

Katelynn Hughes

CU Boulder '21

Katelynn is currently a senior at CU Boulder, double majoring in Neuroscience and Psychology with a minor in Business. She is an undergraduate student researcher studying alcohol use in adolescence and has worked with public policy around juvenile justice. She currently serves as the Events Director for the CU chapter on the Senior Exec board. In her free time she loves movie nights with her girl squad and cuddling with her poodle.
Sko Buffs!