This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

It’s me again! Back to giving you snack recommendations that can be found at the closest Sprouts Farmers Market to you. With the passing of Valentine’s Day also comes many possible discounted Valentine’s sweet treats to indulge in while on a budget. These are some of my favorite items and brands to gift to make sure your loved one feels appreciated any day of the year. 

Partake Cookies

A delicious company that deserves lots of love and appreciation this Black History Month is the Black-owned brand, Partake. These cookies are perfect for those with dietary restrictions who still have a sweet tooth. Partake makes vegan and gluten-free cookies, but all of their cookies are free from the top nine allergens of peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, wheat, soy, eggs, dairy, fish, and shellfish. 

The Baseline Sprouts location sells four flavors of cookies, including soft-baked chocolate chip, crunchy chocolate chip, soft-baked cookie butter, and crunchy birthday cake at $5.49 a box. My personal favorite cookies to munch on are the soft baked cookie butter cookies, which I like to pair with a warm mug of spicy tea and good company. 

Madegood Mini Granola Bars

Similarly to Partake, Madegood granola bars are vegan, gluten-free, and also free from the top nine allergens which makes these mini bars an allergy-safe snack for sharing with at-risk friends, family, and classmates. Their small shape makes them easy to slip into a backpack for hiking, as an on-the-go treat, or for passing around to share at an HCCU meeting. 

A box of 30 Madegood’s mini granola bars costs approximately $8.99 and is an easy, roughly inexpensive way to show appreciation for those around you. I recently bundled five granola bars as a small gift for each of my roommates to show they were valued. 

(These are on sale at $5.99 for a limited time at the Baseline SFM)

Snack Factory Pretzel Drizzlers

For the folks who enjoy a sweet and salty moment throughout their day, the deli section at Sprouts has delicious flavor choices like the Snack Factory dark chocolate pretzel drizzlers and milk chocolate with caramel pretzel drizzlers. These sweet and savory pretzel crisps make for the perfect girls’ night movie treat, along with a little charcuterie board and some popcorn. As a huge dessert girlie, I am a big fan of the salted caramel harmony that is created in the milk chocolate and caramel pretzels. 

For only $6.99, you can have an independent self-care event to treat yourself to an elegant snack, possibly host a beautiful night with loved ones, or simply gift a friend the joy of a sugary and salty experience during a difficult moment.

Valentines Day Love GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Sprout’s Dark Chocolate Covered Cherries

Now this may be a very specific suggestion, but chocolate-covered cherries have always made me feel very nostalgic for comfort and community; I remember eating chocolate-covered cherries as a kid with my family, and to me, they have remained representative of showing love for those around you. Of course, if you are not a dark chocolate or cherry fan, keep this recommendation in your back pocket in case you find a friend who enjoys these creamy and chewy clusters as much as I do. 

The $7.99 Sprouts bag of dark chocolate-covered cherries not only has more than enough clusters to satisfy your want but there are also more than enough for sharing. If you don’t think you’ll finish a whole bag on your own, it might be worthwhile to create small little gift bags for your closest friends as a random act of kindness. 

On the Go Strawberry Filled Crepes

Most of us are speedy college students who live busy lives with little time to eat big meals…I know a third of my friends skip out on breakfast just to cherish the last few moments of rest. This is why I think on-the-go-filled French crepes are a terrific alternative to just skipping a meal in the morning. The Sprouts on Baseline carries two flavors of French crepe: strawberry and hazelnut chocolate, and they are both delicious in their own way. I like to keep the strawberry crepes for my busy mornings and the chocolate hazelnut crepes for my sweet midnight snack cravings. 

Six French crepes at $6.49 can be a little steep, but the convenience of a small on-the-go meal definitely makes up for the price. If you are like me and know some of your close friends struggle to find time to eat breakfast, these French crepes might be a thoughtful gift. 

While the time surrounding Valentine’s Day is typically known as the season of love, continuing to show that love after Valentine’s Day is crucial to communicating you truly value those around you. With some of these Sprouts snacks, you’ll be able to gift them a fancy sweet treat that reminds you of them all year long (and hopefully at a discounted price at your location).

Jordan Saladino

CU Boulder '24

Jordan is from a small town in the western suburbs of Chicago and is very passionate about the arts and sciences. Her interests include psychology, creating mixed-media artwork, and spending time outdoors.