Spring Has Sprung With Pastels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

In honor of Spring arriving, we are taking pastels off things like Easter eggs and onto your pants! Pastel pants are a loved trend that should be shown off for any occasion. Spring is  here and bringing the lovely sunshine and beautiful colors with it. These bright showpieces range anywhere from pink to mint green, and all shades are sure to perk up your wardrobe with a touch of softness.

We have all been told the darker the jean the more they create a slimming effect, however, that would make our spring wardrobe drab and dreary. Don’t let this stereotype hold you back! What’s not to love about a bright pair of pants? They are comfortable, versatile and contagious. You can pair these pants with a patterned blouse or a white blouse, or even a fun t-shirt. Strips are also on trend and are made to work with these pants. Try a three quarter sleeve blouse to class it up. Accent the look with a strappy pair of wedges to dress them up or simply stick to sandals for a more casual look (think soft silver or gold metallic leather).

Pairing a white or neutral blouse with these pants can feel like something is missing. I recommend using a pop of color on top. This can be easily achieved but adding a chunky necklace. Matching colors seems intimidating but it is really quite simple. The best guide is matching a primary color with a secondary color. This weekend is the perfect time to try this pastel pant trend and fall in love with it all the way to Fall!

Xo Your Jean Junkie, Alaina
Collaborated blog for Starr's Clothing Co. of Pearl Street Boulder. Here our journey begins... being a jean junkie for so many years has many stories everyday so we are taking you behind the scenes to share our inspirations and passions, xoxo.
Natasha is sophomore at University of Colorado Boulder and is majoring in Journalism. She is a Southern California native learning to live in the snow, and is addicted to dirty chais. She is the Social Chair of Alpha Phi, and believes life is better in a pair of stilettoes. She one day aspires to work in the fashion magazine industry, or public relations.