etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Spring Break Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Spring Break is almost upon us and we are all eager to start packing. We have pushed through midterms and although it feels as if we barely made it, it’s finally time to round up the girls for that perfect Spring Break Trip. We might have all of the perfect outfits already picked out, but now we just need to put the finishing touches on with a few last minute items.

1. Lush Sea Spray

I know you love their bath bombs but did you hear the sell hair products too? This luscious sea spray will give you the perfect beach waves while leaving you smelling like orange and rosewood throughout the day. You can find it on their website for only $15. Sea Spray

2. New Bikini

It’s Spring Break and we all want to head straight to the beach, but you might need a new swimsuit. If you are a serious fashionista and love to stay up to date with all of the current trends, then a Victoria Secret Pink swimsuit is right for you. They have the cutest high waisted bikini bottoms. Psst, they are also perfect if you’re worried about not being ready for a low cut bikini.

3. Coconut Water

While out in the hot and beautiful sun, it is easy to become dehydrated throughout the day, since we all know we don’t always remember to drink a lot of water. To avoid the horrible effects of dehydration, try packing a bottle of cool bottle of refreshing  Vita Coco coconut water. ($11) This cool and refreshing drink will not only keep you hydrated, but it will also make you feel as if you are in a tropical paradise.

4. Sunscreen

The one thing you need to remember to bring is your sunscreen! Sunscreen is absolutely a hassle to put on, but it can help save you from turning into a lobster by the end of Spring Break, not to mention the peeling that comes later. So pack your SPF 50 and please take the 5 minutes it takes to put it on, you’ll thank yourself at the end of the week for sure. If you need to pick up some sunscreen last minute, I guarantee your local Target will have just what you need.

5. Tanning Lotion

While we all want to get gorgeously tan over break, I suggest skipping the tanning bed, and instead picking up a small bottle of tanning lotion. Not only is this healthier for your skin than a tanning bed, but you also get to be out with your friends in the sun while getting tan. Not to mention, most tanning lotions have moisturizer in them to leave your skin feeling extra soft.

No matter where you are headed this Spring Break, you want to make sure you have these essentials packed and ready to go. From hair products to the perfect sunscreen, with these products you will have an absolutely unforgettable, and well deserved, Spring Break!

Alexis Morgan

CU Boulder '19

Alexis grew up in Southern Colorado and is a senior this school year. She is majoring in Marketing with an Operations & Information Management Certificate, and a minor in Communications. Currently she is a PINK Campus Representative and a Style Guru with College Fashionista. In her free time you can expect to see her shopping, in a pilates class, or taking a break at the local Starbucks.
Sko Buffs!