This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

My favorite things about Halloween are all of the festive drinks we are able to do. So here are some witches brews (some are spiked if that’s what you’re about that) for you to finish off your Halloween with!

Loopy Witches Brew.

This recipe comes from Three Olives Vodka’s website:

Ingredients:

18 oz Three Olives® Loopy Vodka

72 oz cranberry-raspberry juice

2 cups fresh blackberries

9 oz grenadine

Instructions:

Combine Three Olives® Loopy Vodka, cranberry-raspberry juice, blackberries, and grenadine. Place ice in a large punch bowl; pour in the cranberry-raspberry mixture. Serves 12.

Witches Brew Halloween Punch.

This recipe can be found here:

Ingredients:

2 liters ginger ale chilled

4 cups pineapple juice chilled

1/3 cup lemon juice fresh (optional)

1-gallon lime sherbet

1 block dry ice (I used 5 lbs for a 3-hour party)

Large cauldron

punch bowl that fits inside a cauldron

Instructions:

Break the dry ice into large pieces using a mallet or other tool. Be careful that you use gloves when handling it since it can cause burns if it comes into contact with your skin. Place some of the dry ice in the bottom of your cauldron. Put the remaining dry ice in a cooler nearby. Pour some hot water on top of the ice so that it starts to smoke.

Place the punch bowl on top of the dry ice inside the cauldron. Combine the ginger ale, pineapple juice, and lemon juice in the punch bowl, and stir to combine. Add scoops of lime sherbet, mix it for a few minutes until the sherbet starts to melt, then serve! Replenish the dry ice and hot water as necessary, to keep the smoke effect going.

Witches Brew Halloween Cocktail.

The recipe for this can be found here:

Ingredients:

To rim the glass

1 fresh lime

3 drops purple food coloring

1 tbsp sugar

For the cocktail

1/2 cup vodka

1/3 cup lime juice

1/4 cup raspberry liqueur

Instructions:

Start by preparing the shot glasses.

Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice together into a saucer.

Add the purple food coloring and mix it with a cocktail stick.

Place the sugar in a second saucer.

Dip the shot glasses into the lime juice and then into the sugar.

Set to one side.

Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Add the ice.

Shake well.

Strain into the prepared shot glass.

I hope you have a happy and spooky Halloween!

Katelynn Hughes

CU Boulder '21

Katelynn is currently a senior at CU Boulder, double majoring in Neuroscience and Psychology with a minor in Business. She is an undergraduate student researcher studying alcohol use in adolescence and has worked with public policy around juvenile justice. She currently serves as the Events Director for the CU chapter on the Senior Exec board. In her free time she loves movie nights with her girl squad and cuddling with her poodle.
Sko Buffs!